Guest essay by Eric Worrall
UK climate protestors have allegedly plumbed new depths of raw stupidity, but blockading the delivery of cooking oil.
Eco-rabble shut down Marble Arch: Extinction Rebellion mob cause traffic NIGHTMARE in London as they glue themselves to a limousine and eco-warrior Swampy scales the monument
- Extinction Rebellion protesters have blocked off roads around the Marble Arch near Speaker’s Corner
- Earlier today the eco fanatics climbed onto a Shell oil tanker at a petrol station in Bayswater, London
- Along with eco-mob Just Stop Oil, XR have brought 16 days of disruption to traffic, oil depots and commuters
- Comes after activists blocked four of London’s busiest bridges on Good Friday – causing traffic chaos
- Several oil firms secured injunctions to stop environmental protesters from targeting fuel processing sites
A mob of Extinction Rebellion protesters have swamped London’s Marble Arch, glueing themselves to a limousine and bringing traffic to a standstill.
The eco-fanatic rabble have once again brought chaos to the streets of the capital as they launched a series of ‘disruptions’ on a sixteenth days of protests alongside Just Stop Oil activists.
XR members convened in Hyde Park earlier today before one group – which included two former Olympians – climbed onto a Shell oil tanker at nearby Bayswater, leading to six arrests.
Gold medal-winning slalom canoeist Etienne Stott and sailor Laura Baldwin glued themselves to the top of the tanker at a petrol station in Bayswater, near Paddington this morning.
It a video clip seen on Sky News on Thursday, a interviewee claimed the group had mistakenly stopped a tanker that was carrying cooking oil, rather than fossil fuels.
The video of the Extinction Rebellion cooking oil truck occupation is available here.
I think it is becoming clear why most of them chose to be climate protestors.