Monday Mirthiness

Josh last week came up with his own science kit as he was inspired by the chemistry set with no chemicals I posted on. Bishop Hill posted that original, but I thought we needed to see what is inside the box, and Josh happily obliged.

I give you the home Climate Science Kit for inquiring minds:

click to enlarge
0 0 vote
PaulH
May 2, 2011 9:42 am

Josh’s best effort so far! 😀

Gary
May 2, 2011 9:45 am

Oooh. Gotta have one for my birthday next week!

LeeHarvey
May 2, 2011 9:47 am

You forgot the soda bottles that you’re supposed to leave in the sun, one filled with ‘normal air’ and the other with a grossly elevated CO2 content.

Editor
May 2, 2011 9:53 am

Fantastic! Josh has caught the zeitgeist perfectly once again.

Fred Souder
May 2, 2011 9:59 am

Agreed. Best Josh Comic of ALL TIME.

Stefan
May 2, 2011 10:14 am

Presumably there’s one set of dice for skeptics and another set of dice for climatologists.
Great cartoon!

Henry chance
May 2, 2011 10:14 am

“Game changer”
A worn out expression from Climate Progress
If you have emotional arguments, the science experiments are redundant.

Bob Barker
May 2, 2011 10:16 am

Josh may be onto something here. Comsider an online “Climateville” where warmists can create their own virtual world-wide disasters.

Michael Larkin
May 2, 2011 10:21 am

Josh my friend,
You are getting better and better; this one’s the dog’s bollocks.

pesadia
May 2, 2011 10:24 am

Just goes to show that the FOI works on some occasions. I would like to know who provided the contents of this very comprehensive piece of kit. I’m guessing it was Phil but I could be wrong.

Kev-in-UK
May 2, 2011 10:32 am

as often with the very best humour – it’s the underlying theme that’s quite worrying when you actually think about it!
Excellent cartoon Josh!

randy
May 2, 2011 10:35 am

I could absolutely see a climate game with the entire deck of cards printed as –
Q: (Any question you’d like.)
A: That will be because of manmade global warming
Made me LOL and shoot tea out of my nose.!!

May 2, 2011 10:45 am

LOL!!!!!
If only it were a game ;-(

RockyRoad
May 2, 2011 10:52 am

I presume there’s a new version of the kit each year–hence the necessity of funding the same ol’ stuff over and over!

Ed Barbar
May 2, 2011 10:56 am

Great stuff! But where are the survey forms? I would like my kids to ask my neighbors how Global Climate Change is affecting them, as a part of their learning experience.

Hank Hancock
May 2, 2011 11:02 am

I would like to recommend adding IPCC trivia cards which include the “get out of climate justice jail” card. Also, add CO2 values to the bubbles. Then, as you land on a bubble, you can add it’s CO2 content to your carbon score. Finally, phony carbon credit certificates, which are acquired by landing on certain CO2 sequestration bubbles, and traded amongst other players to help buy down your carbon score. The person who acquires enough carbon credits to finally hit carbon neutral (zero carbon points) wins!

May 2, 2011 11:22 am

Josh and all, this could be a winner as a real game! especially if people / someone can use this opportunity to truly educate IOW there has to be two sides to the game, one is tosh and one is real and players have to spot the difference to win.
Anyone?

Editor
May 2, 2011 12:22 pm

Bob B: Climateville – what a brilliant idea…
And thanks all for the kind comments. I agree, Lucy, it could be a great game.. a real ice-breaker at parties
😉

wayne
May 2, 2011 12:38 pm

Josh, your best yet!! LOL!
Let me guess, the spinner is # of grants?

Lady Life Grows
May 2, 2011 1:01 pm

Josh nailed it.

May 2, 2011 1:09 pm

Hilariouser and hilariouser 🙂

Bob Diaz
May 2, 2011 1:41 pm

LOL, it never occurred to me that ice cream melting is PROOF of Global Warming. 😉

Mac the Knife
May 2, 2011 2:42 pm

Josh,
Your best effort, hands down…. LMAO! I can see this being advertised on TV, right between ‘Animal Rescue’ and any of the Nova ‘Global Warming’ episodes (which is almost every one, these days)! And the target market of indoctrinated kiddies pestering Mommy and Daddy to ‘buy it for me’! The sad part is, a lot of folks have already ‘bought it’…..
Thanks for the big grin!

David Ball
May 2, 2011 3:05 pm

Sims Climate, ……… oh wait, they already have that.

John Carter
May 2, 2011 3:08 pm

Outstanding!
Hilarity was never so funny.

May 2, 2011 3:47 pm

Some of you might like a article I just wrote called:
Just gotta get me some of that ‘Climate Waffle’
It follows right along with the theme Josh created with the whole ‘No science required’ concept.
Here is a small excerpt of my post:

It makes perfect sense why there is no transparency in data from the Met Office in East Anglia. It makes perfect sense why it has been nearly impossible to get skeptical scientific articles published to be peer-reviewed.
The believers of CAGW only have theories to suggest man is responsible for climate, admit it so in scientific papers and then make reference to current catastrophes as a result of CAGW, based on those ‘scientific’ papers.
Ya with me now?
The ‘alarmist’ can’t prove a damn thing. All they need to do is claim a catastrophe is man-made, because the theories haven’t yet been proven to be false.
I think the skeptical layman and scientist have established a clear difference between current observations of climate, in opposition to the IPCC claims, and clearly, the only battle left to fight is the ‘alarmists’ denial system.
As it might take even more facts to prove “Climate Change’ to be false, it will also take an army of therapists to help as well.

Enjoy !

Helen Armstrong
May 2, 2011 5:48 pm

Bull Sh*t makes for good substitute for modelling clay.

RACookPE1978
Editor
May 2, 2011 6:09 pm

Stefan says:
May 2, 2011 at 10:14 am (Edit)

But the dice in the Climate Seance Board Game have seven spots – on every side.
Like Monopoly, but instead of passing [Go], every fiscal year your grant is increased by the number of times your teammates can “peer-review” your deeds.

Ben
May 2, 2011 7:29 pm

Well “played.” Josh’s all-time best.
So, what’s the takeaway message that everyone should learn, when it comes to playing their game… No dice! 🙂

rbateman
May 2, 2011 8:27 pm

They say that in California, if you don’t like the weather, wait a few minutes and it will change.
I say that if you complain about the weather long enough, it will turn around and bite you. Also known as the Gore Effect, as we all know what’s on Al’s mind as well as his script.
I wonder if that Climate Science Kit contains a Gore Effect card?

old44
May 2, 2011 10:22 pm

When does it go on the market, I want three for presents.

amicus curiae
May 3, 2011 5:17 am

Hank Hancock says:
May 2, 2011 at 11:02 am
==patent it!:-)
and Josh’s also.

May 3, 2011 9:50 am

A Photoshop bubble allowing you to create a flooded house or stranded polar bear and jump 3 bubbles forward would be appropriate.

Tom
May 3, 2011 1:53 pm

Wow, I like this! I’d need an Etch-a-Sketch, to go along with it, to make important and meaningful looking graphs.