As many know, I create instrumentation and display systems that do a wide variety of weather monitoring tasks. Usually I focus on weather and climate measurement in situ.
Now, I have something useful for alerting you to problems of mission critical indoor climate. Please forgive this diversion to a commercial message, but I think that there are many readers that might benefit from this new gadget, or know somebody who might. If you are not interested, just skip over this. Thanks – Anthony
TempElertUSB Offers real-time alerting of temperature and humidity conditions for mission critical applications. Only $99
NEW: Temperature and hygrometer device called TempElertUSB which can alert via email, pager, cell phones of any over/under temperature, humidity, and dewpoint conditions which may affect the safe operation of mission critical operations such as server rooms, food storage systems, greenhouses, warehouses, and process control applications.
The devices features a simple 1 minute installation and setup, requiring no special skills beyond knowing your email account settings.
Even then, the included software offers an import feature for Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express to import account settings. For manual message alert setup, a helpful email configuration wizard is provided. Messaging from TempElertUSB is supported on most popular mobile messaging platforms including iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Alphanumeric Pagers, Email enabled cellphones, and standard SMTP/POP3 email accounts.
When plugged into any USB 1.1/2.0 port of a PC, Windows will automatically install a driver. After installing the software from the CD-ROM provided, TempElertUSB measures temperature and relative humidity from -20 to +70°C (-4 to +158°F) and 0 to 100%RH. The software displays the temperature, humidity and dew point (the temperature at which water vapor present in the air begins to condense) in real-time and saves it to a file which can store up to 7 day’s worth of data. This data file is overwritten at the beginning of each new logging session. The software provides the option for the user to save the data file permanently to the hard-drive. Temperature, relative humidity and dew point can be graphed, printed and exported to other applications.
An export to Excel feature is built in to the software. A test button allows you to test email/cell phone/pager messaging prior to deployment.
TempElertUSB can be set to monitor over and under temperature, dewpoint, and humidity alarm conditions, then alert you several ways:
Visually on screen
Audibly via computer speaker
Via mailing list server
The sensor can be extended away from the PC using optional USB extender cables up to 5 meters (16 feet) or using our optional Cat5/6 USB adapter, guaranteed up to 50 meters (150 feet) with maximum possible use to 100 meters (300 feet) on a dedicated cable.
Easy to install and use, the control software runs under Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows7, and Server 2003/2008. It provides a display which can view the current temperature and humidity and graph either the current live data or logged data files. The software can also show the current temperature and humidity in the notification area within the Windows tool-bar. Right-clicking on the TempElertUSB icon in the notification
area enables the user to access the full functionality of the software. Users can assign high and low alarms within the software which can send emails, text alerts or audible alarms via the PC’s internal speaker.
Pricing in singles is $99 with volume discounts available. Government and educational purchase orders are accepted.
|Instant Real time temperature alerts: email, cell, pager||Plug and Play – no drivers needed|
|Powered from USB port – no batteries to fail||Monitors temperature, humidity, & dewpoint|
|1 year warranty, free support||Runs in background, logs data, Excel export|
Features at a glance:
- Temperature and humidity email alerts issued in real-time
- -20 to +70°C (-4 to +158°F) measurement range for temperature and dewpoint, 0 to 100% relative humidity measurement range
- User-Programmable alarm thresholds for temperature & RH%, plus dewpoint
- Can also message to most any cell phone, pager, or other email/messaging enabled hand-held device
- Runs automatically as Windows starts
- Stays minimized in the system tray unless you want to view the live data screen
- Logs all temperature, humidity, and dewpoint readings to disk automatically every second
- Intelligent logging system writes only new data, preventing huge file sizes
- Real-time temperature, humidity, and dewpoint graphs
- Display and alert on Celsius or Fahrenheit settings
- Audible alarm on alerts
- Can email the log once every 24 hours to any email address
- Export data to Excel feature built in
- Support for SMTP and SSL email server authentication
- Email test button to ensure you get it right
- Ability to send to alerts to one or more email addresses
- Includes an import wizard to automatically import your email account settings (see the screenshots page)
- Runs on Windows 2000, WindowsXP, Server2003/2008, Vista, and Windows 7
- Blue LED activity indicator on the TempElertUSB tells you it is operating
- Can be extended away from the PC to the monitoring location via USB cable or Cat5 cable with our optional accessories
- TempElertUSB sensor unit
- TempElertUSB Windows software on CD-ROM
- PowerBug remote system shutdown software on CD ROM
- Quick Install Guide
- Printable Manual on CD and within the program
- Storage case
The TempElertUSB Digital Alerting Thermometer and Hygrometer can be used for:
- Server and equipment rooms
- Air duct monitoring
- Fan monitoring
- Wine cellars
- Walk in freezers
- Basements (humidity)
- Vacation homes
- Outside air temp
- Comfort monitoring
- A/C failure alerter
- Heating failure alerter
- Mildew conditions alert
- Worker environment alert
- Animal farming
- Food service refrigerators
Learn more about it at www.tempelertusb.com
For 99 bucks, it is pretty cheap peace of mind for things that can go wrong costing thousands.