'Climate disruption' gets a movie

This must be coordinated blitz week for climate alarmism leading up to the 350.org “march on climate” Sept 21 in New York City. Now there’s a movie about the so called “climate disruption” (the third name in a series, because the first two didn’t do the trick).I think they should just move on to “boogeyman” and leave it at that.

scary_climate_listBesides the usual claims in this movie, we have one twist: NYT reporter Justin Gillis appears in the film. Gillis first appears at the 8min. 30 sec. mark in video.  The video itself is full-on alarmism, and links all bad weather events to rising carbon dioxide. But, the IPCC in their SREX report pretty much put an end to that speculation.

Ho hum. Making uneducated people scared of the weather is what they used to do in medieval times for power an control. In fact, that sort of ruse goes back to the beginning of human history. Astraphobia, the fear of thunder and lightning, is actually a recorded mental illness, so it seems possible that fear of nonexistent ‘climate induced weather’ might also get a diagnosis soon. Call it Coelusphobia, from the latin word coelus (weather).

If you can’t stomach the whole movie, there’s always the trailer at just over 2 minutes.

0 0 votes
LeeHarvey
September 8, 2014 10:05 am

I already see a drinking game in the making…
First rule – whenever someone refers to ‘carbon emissions’ without including the word ‘dioxide’, take a shot.

September 8, 2014 10:08 am

We can chuck it in the bin with ‘The Day After Tomorrow,’ which still cracks me up, since I run into people who believe that the scenario in that amusing movie could actually happen due to *squeaky voice* global warming */squeaky voice.*

elftone
September 8, 2014 10:11 am

Don’t worry – it’ll get the distribution it deserves…

Janice Moore
September 8, 2014 10:11 am

… and you will find it in the Fantasy and Science Fiction section.
lolololol —
Hey, wait a minute… should be pretty funny….
Look for it in the COMEDY section.
#(:))

Olaf Koenders
Reply to  Janice Moore
September 8, 2014 4:57 pm

This film should be classified “gag-factor”, pretty much like Sharknado, which had at least the tiniest grain of truth to it, like chainsaws are useful against sharks.

dp
September 8, 2014 10:15 am

They’re being honest at least – they’re out in the open now that it is past time to suspend democracy and our constitutionally guaranteed freedoms to allow the world governments to destroy our hard won wealth and life styles while maintaining a welfare state in the third world by withholding affordable energy. The depth of their hatred for mankind knows no limits.

September 8, 2014 10:15 am

I have my own comedy section:
By the way, this is NORMAL weather here for all my 68 years.

Janice Moore
Reply to  Wayne Delbeke
September 8, 2014 3:18 pm

Incredible!!
(from my perspective, for early SEPTEMBER, that is — if it were MARCH, that would seem fairly likely, but…. wow….)
Thanks for sharing, Mr. Delbeke.
Incredible.

Brian H
Reply to  Wayne Delbeke
September 18, 2014 2:16 am

This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings of the post may have changed.

Mark Bofill
September 8, 2014 10:16 am

🙂 My favorite is when I quote AR5 WGI chpt 2 section 2.6 with page numbers 208-222, and people still tell me I’m making stuff up, that I’m wrong and that the science says extreme weather is getting worse.

Data Soong
September 8, 2014 10:21 am

All emotion, no substance.

Mumbles McGuirck
September 8, 2014 10:21 am

I watched the trailer and saw tsunami footage used twice. So climate disruption causes … tsunamis????

LeeHarvey
Reply to  Mumbles McGuirck
September 8, 2014 10:27 am

Don’t you know that if the tsunami that hit Fukushima had been four centimeters lower, it never would have crested the seawall and knocked out the station’s backup generators?
That’s what Weepy Bill told me, anyway…

September 8, 2014 10:27 am

Never mind. The link is too long and the 10 to 15 cm of snow on my dish, plus the whiteout conditions means poor or no Internet connection. Time to go cut some wood.comment image?dl=0

stewart pid
Reply to  Wayne Delbeke
September 8, 2014 10:32 am

Wayne the snow on my solar panels is stopping them from working too. It sucks to be us 😉

JimS
September 8, 2014 10:32 am

Great now I have a name for my dog’s fear of thunder and lightening – astraphobia. Thanks.

Ralph Kramden
Reply to  JimS
September 8, 2014 10:53 am

Your dog too? My brother-in-law’s dog hides in the bathtub whenever he hears thunder.

September 8, 2014 10:38 am

Watching 2 minutes of that trailer would be 2 minutes of my life I could instead use for more useful purposes like straightening and folding my sock drawer, or contemplating the the dust behind my computer monitor.

John West
September 8, 2014 10:53 am

@ 24:45 or so a guy says “you can’t pollute for free” yet if carbon dioxide is a pollutant then that’s exactly what you’re doing with every breath exhaled that’s not taxed or otherwise paid for. You polluter you. Wonder how much electricity those big nasty evil polluting power companieswould produce if no one used their product.

TonyK
September 8, 2014 10:58 am

I think I saw this on Saturday – ‘Into the Storm’, I think it’s called. Oh, that’s not it? Never mind, I’m sure it had just as much real science as this effort. The music in ‘Twister’ was better though.

Olaf Koenders
Reply to  TonyK
September 8, 2014 5:00 pm

It’s possible the plot in Twister was more scientific.

September 8, 2014 11:19 am

Coelus also means “sky”, which is the basis of the English word “celestial”. Thus coelophobia would be the fear of a falling sky, known otherwise as the Chicken Little syndrome.
In regards to the all of the climatograhic works we’ve been subjected to lately, a fitting tribute to them would be none other than the manner accorded to similar genres of such art, as exemplified by Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Gunga Din
Reply to  Karl W. Braun
September 8, 2014 1:55 pm

Gunga Din
Reply to  Gunga Din
September 8, 2014 2:15 pm

Dang!
“Are sure that’s “Coelus” and “Colonus” which would make it “fear of what some Mann pulled out of his…”, oh, never mind.”
Should be:
“Are sure that’s “Coelus” and not “Colonus” which would make it “fear of what some Mann pulled out of his…”, oh, never mind.”
(“Spellchecker” may make appear smarter than I am but it’s doesn’t help when I skip whole words! 😎

hunter
September 8, 2014 11:28 am

Turn this around a bit and consider: Every charlatan, con-artist, hanger-on, apparatchik, and “NGO development specialist’ has flocked to climate change as a way to get easy money from easy marks. From billionaires to baristas climate obsessed people pour their money down the rathole of ‘fighting climate change’ with schlock movies, videos, funding of fancy conferences. The great part is that everytime the skeptics get proven correct, the parasites just hit on their victims all the harder. What is not to enjoy in this?

Gary H
September 8, 2014 11:39 am

Oh, but we’ve already moved past “climate disruption.”
Now we have, “Severe Wacky Weather Syndrome” – SWWS.
FTR – I borrowed that. From here: http://www.examiner.com/topic/climate-change. @ the 34 second mark in the video.

September 8, 2014 11:40 am

That trailer is some powerful videography, images, sound, editing….emotions. I strongly disagree, but it is good work and effective.

Gary H
Reply to  Robert Bissett
September 8, 2014 12:25 pm

So was the movie, “4th of July;” however, I didn’t really expect that the big mother ship was actually up there.

Reply to  Gary H
September 8, 2014 5:51 pm

We ought to take a page from their play book. Most people do not have the education or inclination to examine the evidence and form a reasonable opinion. They trust their emotions. Our movie can show bald eagles being clubbed by wind mills, doves fried by mirrors, people struggling in Africa for lack of cheap power, children starving, blackouts in major cities, riots. Oh, the humanity and not the slightest influence on the climate. World wide demonstrations: “Power to the People! Power to the People!” …a double meaning. The professional liars and power-brokers are arrested, tried and sentenced to riding a bicycle generator eight hours a day.

Bill Illis
September 8, 2014 11:50 am

Wake me up when the climate actually changes somewhere.

Cheshirered
September 8, 2014 11:52 am

These deluded fools have lost their focus as well as the plot – shouting and balling that ‘everything!’ is due to climate change. Frankly, they’re stark-raving bonkers.

Frank K.
September 8, 2014 11:54 am

Another climate change scare movie…yup…[yawn]…[zzzzz]
(The good news here is that some left wing, extremist progressive is wasting a ton of money producing this @#!?…)
PS
Where are the “real” climate scientists to correct the numerous inaccuracies in this movie. Oh yeah, I forgot…

Jaakko Kateenkorva
September 8, 2014 11:59 am

The only thing warming, changing and disrupting is the alarmists’ forecast. Mutophobia seems an appropriate companion to coelusphobia. Latin word ‘muto’, to change, gives Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism in Google.

SAMURAI
September 8, 2014 12:02 pm

I actually suffered through this entire propaganda film and was left with the impression that CAGW is on the verge of collapse.
All the “scientific” “evidence” cited in this propaganda film has been overwhelmingly disconfirmed by empirical evidence: global severe weather incidence trends have not increased for 50~100 years, oceans are not becoming acidic, plankton will not all die at higher CO2 levels, sea level rise is not increasing at an alarming rate, polar ice areas are not shrinking at alarming rates, crops yields are not decreasing, US air quality is not getting worse, the US does not get most of its oil from the Middle East, skeptics are not all funded by big oil, wind/solar cannot be used to fill an electrical grid, CO2 does not “trap” all LWIR heat, CO2 runaway positive feedback loops don’t exist; lie after lie, after lie, after lie…
It is to laugh.
CAGW is doomed. CAGW swindlers have been relegated to making emotional appeals to low-information leftists in an effort to create fear from some ambiguous CO2 boogeyman that will magically wreak havoc on Earth 50 years in the future…
Such a silly plan will not work. CAGW is quickly losing public support as all legitimate polls show.
It’s only a matter of time before CAGW because a political liability, and then it will be thrown in the trash heap of failed ideas.

David
Reply to  SAMURAI
September 8, 2014 5:18 pm

I don’t know…seems a lot of people still believe in it…just wait till the march in New York this weekend.

September 8, 2014 12:05 pm

Had to shut off the video after about the first 8 minutes…..couldn’t stand it anymore.

Eric Gisin
September 8, 2014 12:11 pm

There are two 2014 films called Disruption at IMDB. They have the image on the wrong movie.
Here is the Nyks/Scott film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4008556/ No reviews or comments yet.

LogosWrench
September 8, 2014 12:34 pm

How about instead of boogeyman the title could be
Gia’s Panties are in a Bunch and You’re all going to Pay!!
Ok maybe that is a little long. .

Gunga Din
September 8, 2014 1:48 pm

‘Climate disruption’ gets a movie
==================================================================
Huh?!
I thought they already had two.
Sharknado and Sharknado2.
Maybe they’re going for JumpingTheSharknado3?

Gunga Din
Reply to  Gunga Din
September 8, 2014 1:50 pm

OOPS! used bold instead of blockquote…and messed up the bold.

Janice Moore
Reply to  Gunga Din
September 8, 2014 3:23 pm

Hey, Gunga Din, lol,
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
#(;))
Your comments on WUWT are ALL worthwhile and obviously the product of highly intelligent, well-informed, writer. Messing up stuff like

formatting is a sign that

you have more important things on your mind!
Janice

September 8, 2014 1:52 pm

I found out about Climate Disruption doing an unrelated search. I landed in Common Dreams, read their review, saw the trailer and then read the comments. They were fantastic! If you want to check what the extremist wing of the watermelon party is like read something I called “Jane Tao and friends”. The comments I quote were pretty funny. But some of it has to be taken seriously, the one about killing all the rich was semi serious, I think.

tz
September 8, 2014 3:00 pm

Dead cat bounce anyone? It seems near Wall Street. Isn’t 350.org the ones with the ads that say they will kill kittens if you don’t contribute? Perhaps it is time (with the help of a local and overburdened animal shelter) to insure it does at least the former half of “raining cats and dogs” on their parade.

lenbilen
September 8, 2014 3:20 pm

We’re trying to save our Chesapeake Bay.
Why Climate Disruption? And Global? No way!
It’s all about land use,
And water and refuse.
The Ice Age and Warm Period, they went away.

Stefan
September 8, 2014 6:18 pm

@Fernado Leza,, just for grins I left a question at Common Dreams. I asked if anyone on the thread was aware that none of the worlds major surface or space-based temperature data sets had shown any significant upward trend in about 15+ years. Need less to say, the question didn’t survive moderation, so I’ll take the answer as.. “Shut up he explained”. Funny. And sad.

Janice Moore
September 8, 2014 11:13 pm

Here ya go, Mr. Buckingham! #(:))
Waaatch out!
“Now there’s something you don’t see every day.”
MISTER STAYPUFFT!

Janice Moore
Reply to  Janice Moore
September 8, 2014 11:15 pm

Hey, don’t knock him, lol.
He’s just as real as the fantasy that human CO2 causes significant change in the climate zones of the earth.

Richard Case
September 9, 2014 5:47 am

“This must be coordinated blitz week for climate alarmism leading up to the 350.org “march on climate” Sept 21 in New York City.”
On that note, I see that John Cook had an “AMA” (ask me anything) on Reddit yesterday. I could not bring myself to read much of it, as Reddit is chock full of liberals, so I expect the hivemind there will be circling the wagons to protect him.

NancyG22
September 9, 2014 8:22 am

I watched the trailer. Van Jones and Chris Hayes? Ugh. I can’t watch the movie.

Lars Tuff
September 9, 2014 11:59 am

Climate disruption is just another word for ‘bad weather’. Increasingly we hear the TV meteoroligists calling any bad weather ‘extreme’ weather. In reality the chance of this weather being extreme at all, in any climatic sense, is usually nil.
The alarmist should take their own words from years back into consideration, and start dividing weather from climate. Bad weather here or there or a couple of hours or a day, has nothing at all with climate to do. It is just a resulat of a throw of the dice, a question of probability. If we are to have sun one day, some other day it will have to rain.
Anyway, i’ve got to go. Tonight the forecast is an extreme rainfall of a couple of droplets per second, in sharp contrast to the last days of sunshine. What a disruption!

September 9, 2014 6:52 pm

‘Climate potpourri’ is the name that’ll make a believer out of me. I can’t resist potpourri!