The temperature sensor mounted on the vehicle using “Mr. Bendy’s” window mount
The best laid plans of mice and men almost always is a slave to the whims of weather, and my UHI transect test in Indianapolis was no different. Night 1 was low overcast and misty, but I ran a transect anyway to work out bugs. Night 2 was cloudy and very breezy, so I didn’t bother, and last night was gusty and still overcast at 9PM, after being overcast all day, and little solar insolation occurred, so I didn’t try last night either. Getting cooperative weather is never easy in the Midwest, or anywhere for that matter. The planners of the Normandy Invasion can attest to that.
I’ve contemplated staying the weekend, hoping for a better scenario, but the forecast doesn’t look promising. Too much wind tonight, rain tomorrow, and clouds and wind lingering tomorrow night as another front passes through.
I have to leave now, so it’s off to plan B using a different city. Perhaps I’ll revisit Indy next summer. If anyone is interested in the data gathered on night 1, I’ll make it available.