Climate spin – more than just a game, it’s ‘Wheel of Gore’

Over at Ben Garrison’s website, he writes about climate change and produces a grrraphic.

One thing I don’t like about true believers is they like to set up extreme negatives for those who disbelieve.

Whistleblowers who don’t go along with statism are called ‘traitors’ and threatened with imprisonment. Don’t believe in war? You’re unpatriotic. Don’t agree with Obama? You’re racist. Don’t agree with Hillary? You’re sexist.

Don’t believe in global warming, er, climate change? Your intelligence is questioned and your character impugned. You get called a stupid racist redneck or a planet hater. Some statists have even called ‘climate deniers’ to be imprisoned.

Yep. But at least Ben can visualize the climate spin and laugh about it afterwards.

al_gore_climate_change

45 thoughts on “Climate spin – more than just a game, it’s ‘Wheel of Gore’

1. What’s needed is one of those 8-balls that predicts the future that has all those sayings in it… The Climate Change AlGoricleTM!

2. Can I use a hockey stick to spin Gore? I sure don’t want to get any gore on my hands….

3. “Spin the wheel and win a prize,

A prize on every spin.

And even when the wheel is still,

for every prize there’s spin!”

4. JohnWho says:
    July 28, 2014 at 6:18 pm
    Gore is pretty tricky – which hand is pointing to the prize?

I’m pretty sure it’s the left. You know, the sinister side.

5. JohnWho, good one! I had to ponder a bit but the other outstretched hand waiting for coinage suddenly clicked.

6. D.J. Hawkins says:

July 28, 2014 at 6:22 pm

JohnWho says:
    July 28, 2014 at 6:18 pm
    Gore is pretty tricky – which hand is pointing to the prize?

I’m pretty sure it’s the left. You know, the sinister side.

He’s only sinister on one side? You sure?

7. Whoever realizes that this game could actually become a best seller needs to understand one very important thing: The spinner MUST be made out of wood.

8. Sweet Old Bob, please recognize that a further abbreviation would make you an SOB. Now if you intended that, why not just say so… (ok, about as far as my humor challenged mind can go…)

And no. Gore gets gored on his own hockey sticks. There is no need for any goring assistance.

9. Wonderful. Its amazing how Gore has made so much money out of demonising that life giving gas CO2. Shows how Darwin was wrong, evolution does not always improve the species, people especially politicians, are actually getting dumber. Hi.

Michael John Elliott.

10. Rud at 6:29
    Dang! You are on to me! 97% of my friends call me sweet old bob, the rest just use my initials!
    And I am old enough to have outlived most of the 3% !! (8<)))

11. Robert in Calgary says:
    July 28, 2014 at 7:01 pm

This needs a month in next year’s calendar.

Agreed. Would make a reasonable bumper sticker, too. Not a game, though. A person would get really bored with it after two seconds.

12. Ben uses the kind of strong language that makes you smile but that shows the person speaking does not carry the burden of responsibility. That’s fine, of course.

13. D.J. Hawkins says:
    July 28, 2014 at 6:22 pm

JohnWho says:
    July 28, 2014 at 6:18 pm
    Gore is pretty tricky – which hand is pointing to the prize?

I’m pretty sure it’s the left. You know, the sinister side.

When I was in the Army we didn’t need numbers- we [knew] each other by first names. Of course marching down the road we went sinister, dexter, sinister, dexter.

[But the new dextrous ones were sometimes the most sinister in battle, and out of battle. 8<) … .mod]

14. A.D. Everard says:
    July 28, 2014 at 7:15 pm
    A person would get really bored with it after two seconds.
    ==========================================================
    I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Some of those warming zealots might get attached to this, similar to using a Buddhist prayer wheel.

15. Must have been too many students sleeping instead of listning to their tutors and teatchers….. Wheel of Gore might be used to prove that thesis.

16. There should be the pie slices that say “bankrupt” because that’s how this game is going to end.

17. I can animate it but two things. I need Ben’s permission to do so and how do I get the swf file to Anthony.

Rupert

[Reply: Anthony always reads Tips&Notes. Try posting there. ~mod.]

18. Ad hominems and insults are a result of the weakness of both the argument and the intelligence of the user. The smart people are the ones who do not need to try and shout down the opposition, they merely defeat them with the facts.

19. Well-deserved ridicule.
    Everything is now ‘climate change’, yet currently everything seems to be falling against the theory. My, they will be soooo mad.

20. Philjourdan,
    Do you fail to see the logic in showing how when algore blames every conceivable weather event on Climate change it ceases to bear any resemblance to science, as it becomes unfalsifiable faith-based assertions? Algore is not made up in the cartoon to some ridiculous caricature. That he seriously acts “serious” while he makes absurds claims, is the basis of using humor to connect to a wider audience.

• @Joel O’Bryan – my short answer is my curse. I was not complaining about the cartoon – it is accurate. I was commenting on the fact that instead of debating the facts, alarmists merely use ad hominems and insults to dismiss the arguments (e.g. Mann’s anti-science, Gore’s deniers, etc.)

But thank you for making me clarify what was said. Having written it, I had to go back and read it to see how you were getting the wrong impression.

21. Pamela Gray says:
    July 28, 2014 at 6:27 pm

It must be locally sourced wood from already dead trees.cut by hand and painted with only naturally occuring pigment. The tree must not have been artificially fertilized and the woodsman must certify the tree is not a GMO. He must also certify that the tree, when alive, didn’t really like CO2, it just needed it.
    If the wood comes from Indonesia and was finished in the US, You’ll be raided by US Federal SWAT teams .,(Just like the Fender Guitar Co.).

22. What did someone say. ” ’tis better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought an idiot, than open it and prove you are?” By the way, our Education minister replied over the University of WA, He said the article was withdrawn, and no legislation can make the custodians release it. i.e UWA.

Comments are closed.