Robert Felix Of Ice Age Now Sadly Passes Away

Reposted from NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT

By Paul Homewood

Sadly Robert Felix, who ran the Ice Age Now website, passed away a couple of weeks ago.

image
image

Robert gave me a lot of encouragement and support in the early days, and republished many of my posts then. I owe him a great deal.

4.8 32 votes
June 27, 2021 10:29 pm

Sad to lose yet another keen skeptic.

I have a couple of his books…very interesting reading; some of his ideas perhaps a bit controversial but we need fresh inputs from all directions if we are going to understand our planet’s climate.

This leaves even more for the rest of us to do…

June 28, 2021 12:50 am

Rest in Peace Robert!

Admin
June 28, 2021 1:21 am

RIP Robert. I didn’t agree with every position he took on climate issues on his site, but in a rational world that should be OK. He tirelessly critiqued shoddy climate claims, and never let anything deter him from speaking his mind. We’ll miss you mate.

Last edited 1 month ago by Eric Worrall
ozspeaksup
June 28, 2021 3:33 am

still teary,
like WUWT his site was a daily visit and a place to learn and share,
and hes sadly missed already;-(

Warren
Reply to  ozspeaksup
June 28, 2021 3:57 am

Agreed!

Sara
June 28, 2021 4:33 am

I wondered about that. It is very sad to know that he went so soon.

Rest in Peace, Robert.

cedarhill
June 28, 2021 4:47 am

The Site Admin posted this:

Dear Ice Age Now Family,
I was hoping we could do something to make the best of a terrible situation. I am posting this message as an invitation to make a difference. In honor of Robert Felix, my request is that each visitor to this site do something in the next week that makes a difference to someone else. Commit an act of random kindness. It could be something simple as saying something nice to a stranger. It could be helping an elderly neighbor with a task. It could even be something like going to an animal shelter and spending time with our forgotten pets. Maybe you could help at a soup kitchen or donate to a random GoFundMe campaign. Do something unexpected that will brighten the day of someone (or something) else. Robert was an extremely kind individual, and I think it would be wonderful to honor his memory by doing something kind as a tribute to the man who brought us so much enjoyment over the years.
What are your thoughts? If you participate in this challenge, please share your stories. Perhaps your actions will inspire someone else.
Thanks for listening.
Dan

julian braggins
Reply to  cedarhill
June 28, 2021 5:26 am

A great idea, I will miss him as I am a regular visitor to Ice Age Now on the way to WUWT, I hope the site is kept going as it covered a valuable niche.Your work was appreciated Robert, Vale

Robertvd
June 28, 2021 5:40 am

The really sad part is that we see nearly no young voices taking over the work. Only brainwashed Climate Jugend and Green Shirts.

E.J. Mohr
June 28, 2021 7:38 am

RIP Robert Felix – I never met the man, but I greatly admired the fire and passion in his writing. My heartfelt condolences to his friends and family.

June 28, 2021 8:43 am

Robert’s site was the first site about climate that I frequented. I got to know him through emails and he was curious about a lot of stuff. Never found a good answer about Carolina Bays, but he posted about his theories – one of which was magnetic reversal of the poles.
Via Google earth, I found some Carolina Bays in Australia but as far as the theories they always seemed to go to a dead end.

When the Ice Age comes, we can thank Robert!!

ozspeaksup
Reply to  JON P PETERSON
June 30, 2021 4:25 am

I had similar discussions as we have similar “lunettes” here in the Wimmera that do look like those carolina bays. i always stopped at Roberts place on the way here its weird to not see his new posts when i go there

Sunsettommy
Editor
June 28, 2021 9:11 am

Wow!

From good health to Wheelchair in just 2 weeks, that is a radical change in a life.

Thank you Mr., Felix for your hard work, you were one of the early pioneers as a skeptics of the AGW hysterics, remember seeing your website many years ago,

Take a look at his original website HERE to see he a very active fighter for climate sanity from 15 years ago.

Rest in peace, Robert!

Rhs
June 28, 2021 10:34 am

Although I never met Robert, he and I exchanged a few emails several years ago. He seemed to be full of passion and focus.
He will be missed.

Wharfplank
June 28, 2021 11:07 am

A great site in the pantheon of skeptical, science-based dissent. RIP

Robert Bissett
June 28, 2021 12:42 pm

Very sad news, indeed. So sudden. Anyone know what the illness was. Don’t tell me he was recently vaxxed.

Reply to  Robert Bissett
June 28, 2021 2:21 pm

He posted about his health on 8th June and had answered the injection question in the comments there.

I liked reading his articles, I found them a great antidote to the mainstream warming madness. RIP Robert Felix.

Jimmy
Reply to  Robert Bissett
June 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Nowadays, I am hearing so many news of deaths and sudden illnesses. Similar question comes to my mind too ‘Don’t tell me he was recently vaxxed.’

ozspeaksup
Reply to  Robert Bissett
June 30, 2021 4:28 am

yes he was;-( hed tried HQ but it made him ill, however a longish time using methotraxate ie liver etc damage might have also not helped make HQ tolerable too. but RA flare up immune system going high speed no doc should have considered any vaccine at that time.
my personal experience and opinion.

Gator
June 28, 2021 2:20 pm

I checked in at Robert’s site often, for many years, and as recently as this past week. I always enjoyed reading his thoughts on climate, it was a needed break from the groupthink one gets from most climate sites. Science dies when it is not regularly injected with new ideas and challenged. Robert was one of those that kept the heart of science beating, without putting it on life support. I will miss his insights and thoughts. The world of scientific inquiry is a poorer place now.

June 28, 2021 4:27 pm

I was wondering why I wasn’t seeing new posts on my Feedly, when usually there are 8-10 or so a week. This is very sad. I’ve linked Ice Age Now and he’s linked me periodically. RIP, you will be missed.

RobR