From the “♪ There she is, misssss climatology… ♫” department. You just can’t make this stuff up.
Dr. Roy Spencer advises me of this:
The president of our university forwarded some flashy brochures he received from Virendra Rawat, Indian founder and director of the global “Green Schools” concept. They are auditioning for young females to compete to become “Miss Climate – 2018”.
As the letter states, “winners of this beauty pageant will serve as Global Ambassador of Climate Change”:
Dr. Spencer asks some hilarious questions:
1) Can contestants self-identify as female, 18-25, and of minimum height 5’5″ tall?
2) Is the former IPCC director Rajendra Pachauri involved in this in any way? It sounds like something he’d have some interest in.
3) Will the contestants’ knowledge of global environmental concerns be up to the standards of, say, the world peace concerns of the Miss America contestants?
4) Given the global warming theme, will there be a — ahem — heat level requirement of some type for contestants?
5) Will Anthony Watts enter his dog Kenji in the competition? (At least Kenji is a card-carrying member of the Union of Concerned Scientists).
Perhaps I should, he’s got the hair for it: