Hump Day Hilarity – Bill McKibben demonstrates what a classy intelligent guy he is…

…by agreeing with and reposting a photo that insults not only the intelligence of rational thinking people, but Native American people as well. (warning – graphic language)

McKibben_greedy

Source: http://twitter.com/billmckibben/status/314392960777203712

The real reason for a coal terminal? Export. Much like the feared and loathed KXL pipeline will move the oil out of Canada for export, that coal is going to get used somewhere. Since Bill and his friends have worked to demonize coal use in the USA, UK, Australia, Europe, and elsewhere, it gets exported to places like China. But, weepy Bill and his protester friends don’t understand much beyond the emotional arguments being made.

Reblogged this on Climate Ponderings and commented:
A CLASS ACT…………. NOT!

Mycroft

Says a man on the take from a warmists propoganda foundation! Pot calling the kettle black.
‘Um seems about right Bill

Laurie Bowen

Durn . . . . What’s Greedy’s last name? Will there be film at 11:00?

Luther Wu

Who’s Bill McKibben?

Joe Public

“All McKibben and the environmental movement have succeeded in doing is shifting the location of the use of these fuels.”
Not all.
[By] moving fuel, additional energy is expended. (Wasted.)

Mark Bofill

Does anybody else wonder if McKibben and Hansen and so on are only in this so they can get activist chicks? Not saying they are, just wondering just sayin.

Pull My Finger

McKibben is someone the general public mistakes as a scientist. But he only plays one on Twitter.

tobias

Did I look that F…g stupid 40 years ago ?

tobias

Yep but I learned. And so hopefully will they.

ZootCadillac

I’m doing what? I’ll have you know I have never had relations with any of the seven dwarves* although as a fervent supporter of equal rights I refuse to rule it out in the future.
*I think Greedy was the eighth, the ginger stepchild that Disney** refused to mention.
** I’ve not seen much Disney.

DirkH

As 350.org is funded by the Rockefeller foundation the question arises, what interest do the liberal billionaires of the US have in preventing coal export. Maybe just generally keep the price of an energy resource high, a natural instinct of an oligopolist. Maybe destabilizing the Eurozone further.
(Don’t know whether that planned terminal is East or West coast but would expect in Virginia, so likely more export to EU)

“Since the reasonable man adapts himself to his circumstances, all progress must depend on the unreasonable man”….George Bernard Shaw
The unfortunate thing is that “progressives” have a distorted view of “progress”….but they have always proven themselves to by unreasonable.

Severian

And shifted it’s usage to places with just about no concern for real pollution.

John Tillman

Is that Liz Warren’s daughter in the headdress?

Still young, but no longer ladies. If only we could harness that self-righteousness. Until, then they and Weepy will enjoy coal-generated power, which they would deny the world’s poor. Greedy?

Lawrence13

McFibben, McCribbin its all delinguent spoilt teenage tripe from people that have yet to grow up or have arrested development and never will. The two young girls I can undrestand but McDrebben?
But how do the fossil fuel producers force people to buy their filthy ugly energy giving product, is beyond me. Mass hypnotism?

Mac the Knife

Now THAT would make your Mom and Dad proud, eh?
MtK

Gunga Din

McKibbles and Twits

mkelly

At least all the words on the sign were spelled correctly. She’s learning something in school.

Those two gals are prolly high as kites on self-righteousness.

Arno Arrak

Two nice girls with a jarringly irrational poster that reads: “…you are f.cking greedy.” Apparently about right to McKibben’s thinking. He wants to oppose that coal terminal for ideological reasons so badly that he will approve of nice girls using language their parents would never allow. But I’ve got to admit that he has leadership qualities that makes people gravitate to him. Just like a street gang leader, or Hitler, or Lenin. A talent used for irrational and anti-social purposes in the name of a twisted ideology.

We have additional expenditures for moving the coal and oil overseas, We are also moving it from our relatively clean uses to countries that pay little attention to the environment.

We Need clowns like McKibben – a laugh a day is good for you!

hum

Looks like it says “CREEDY” not greedy. Are they dissing on the Creed indians?

albertalad

Maybe weepy Bill should know I am a Native Canadian working the oil sands as are 2500 other Native Canadians working the oil sands. We have the distinction of being the number one Native employer in Canada, and have won awards for being the best employer as well. And none of us look anything like that dumb ass thing wearing a head dress she doesn’t have enough brains left alive to understand how idiotic she is to people like me. I wish to hell I can write how I really feel about that shit. I am pissed seeing them use our symbols for that garbage. Energy feeds tens of thousands of Native Canadian families up my way. God speed to the families working for a living in the coal business.

Ben Wilson

Okay, I’m a bit confused here. . . .
So what is the purpose of the Indian headdress? Or is this just some bubblehead college student trying to be cute?

Laurie Bowen

BINGO! That is why most people’s place of work is at least a 30 to 40 minute commute . . . . a strategy designed to “support” the “fuel suppliers” long long ago . . . . . . but, I am NOT bitterly cynical.

TANSTAAFL

Wait. Don’t the greens need coal to run their electric cars?

BC Bill

In Canada we sell off our resources as fast as possible so that we don’t have to go through all the bother of doing something with them. It is working well for some of us. When we run out of resources, there is always Johnathon Swift’s modest proposal.

John W. Garrett

These idiots are like bad drivers. I don’t give a hoot if they off themselves driving into a tree— the problem arises when their imbicility threatens to take me with them.

Who’s the **** in shorts with grey socks?

AndyG55

Newcastle has a LOT of non-thinking greenie types. A lot of impressionable uni students.
They may actually stall the 4th terminal for a short while, until after the next election.
Then Australia can hopefully get back to work.

richdo

No doubt she made the headdress from the feathers of raptors butchered by windmils.

jayhd

Zoot, if I remember correctly, Disney’s seven dwarves had a diamond mine. Maybe Greedy was the eighth dwarf, and he worked the coal mine.

AndyG55

@Mark and two Cats says:
“Those two gals are prolly high as kites on self-righteousness.”
I know one of them (on the left), and you are so correct in your assessment 🙂
Ignorant art students, both. “oh, we don’t like coal… because….. ”
without realising that it is coal and minerals that helps greatly in Australia holding onto the standard of living we still have down here, despite all the greenie efforts.

albertalad

BC Bill says:
March 20, 2013 at 1:24 pm
———————–
BC BIll
I have no idea where you get your information, but we have 250 years of oil sands still to work with, moreover new technology will allow us to get at the deep oil sands we don’t currently access with today’s tech. We’re barely scratching an area the size of the city of Edmonton, Alberta.

Peter in Ohio

tobias says:
March 20, 2013 at 12:54 pm
Did I look that F…g stupid 40 years ago ?
—————————————————
Yup. We all did
tobias says:
March 20, 2013 at 12:54 pm
Yep but I learned. And so hopefully will they.
———————————————————-
…and they’ll be having this exact same conversation in 40 years time through whatever medium is available to them at that time. If the “greens” get their way these kids will have lost their smartphones and tablets and will be back to writing and mailing letters…so who knows what they’ll be demonstrating about.

Gunga Din

TANSTAAFL says:
March 20, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Wait. Don’t the greens need coal to run their electric cars?

=====================================================================
Nah. They just blow hot air up the tailpipe.

tobias says:
March 20, 2013 at 12:54 pm
Did I look that F…g stupid 40 years ago ?
D’oh, I dunno, Tobias. What do them there dots mean? Should I join them? Maybe I should ask my mum … Last time I asked her something like that, she said I’d make a good Greenie.

jorgekafkazar

Gullible, that’s the word.
And if you say “gullible warning” really slowly, it sounds like “global warming.”

Felflames

Joseph A Olson says:
March 20, 2013 at 12:56 pm
It would be more correct to believe progress is driven by laziness.
We started agiculture because it as easier than chasing our food.
We built houses because it was easier than finding a cave.
We built our entire technology because we wanted an easier way of doing something.
It is easier to tell the truth than lie. There is less to remember about what you said to who.

Bruce Cobb

By the young woman’s definition, all businesses would be considered “greedy”. There is a definite anti-capitalist, socialist streak amongst the enviro clan.

DirkH

Ben Wilson says:
March 20, 2013 at 1:19 pm
“Okay, I’m a bit confused here. . . .
I did a Google search for “Fourth Coal Terminal” — and it appears the protests are against a coal terminal proposed for Newcastle, Australia. ”
Ah, so the leader of an American NGO interferes with Australian affairs.
That makes him a patriot. Under the guise of environmentalism he cleverly tries to torpedo the exports of a competing coal producing nation.
I take everything back.
Please, Americans with Twitter accounts, thank him for his clever scheming.

BradS

Typical BC guy. I eat granola while I sit on my butt at my do nothing government job living off the taxpayer. We don’t want a pipeline even though we already have one shipping crude out the port of Vancouver.
BC sucks.

AndyG55

Ben Wilson says:
” Or is this just some bubblehead college student trying to be cute?”
Yes.. but at least she has succeeded at something 😉

AndyG55

Thing is, this 4th terminal at Kooragang will take the pressure off Port Waratah, so will almost certainly reduce the number of coal trains actually going through the north eastern part of Newcastle.
And if we don’t increase our exports down here, the Chinese etc will just open up the mines in Papua, and that would be quite environmentally yucky.
Coal production in the Hunter valley is clean, efficient and very well controlled.! (they do need to upgrade/duplicate the railways lines, though.)
The whole issue is, as usual for green activists, shortsighted and based on lack of thought about consequences.. ie… they are ignorant fools.

Gee that photo must have been taken where I live.
What I can’t figure out is how they got the “No 4th Coal Terminal” placards about 20 feet up the power poles. Like the activists must have some money to hire cherry pickers to have done that (or the activists are very tall)

tobias

David Elder says, ” what do them there dots mean/’
Them there dots mean exactly, what anyone wants them to mean.
lippin, oolin, riggin,
Sorry I did not add enough dots. And if this was a protest Down Under it should be all of them including uckin. (This in regards to the wearing the head dress which I find personally an insult to Native North Americans).
Also@BC Bill, I guess your last name is not Bennett, (as selling all of Canada’s resources) And for those that do not know, Premier WAC Bennett of BC was the driving force behind one of the most to this day effective Hydro Dam systems in NA, started in the 60’s just checked my bill averaged 1 month (coldest) 982 KwH @ $0.0845/ KwH total, 1400 sq home $79.02, the taxes add $12.00

Ben Wilson says:
March 20, 2013 at 1:19 pm
Okay, I’m a bit confused here. . . .
Yep

AndyG55

TANSTAAFL says:
Wait. Don’t the greens need coal to run their electric cars?
umm, the greenies I know mostly have soot spewing VW combis !!