The 2012 Bloggies Awards final nominations are in, and I’m pleased to announce that climate skepticism is making an extremely strong showing this year. Here is a rundown of blogs you may know.
- For Best Australian Blog, we have two Australian climate blogs, JoNova and Australian Climate Madness (A tough choice here, both are excellent)
- Climate Audit is in the running for the for Best Canadian blog
- Tallbloke’s Talkshop for Best European blog
- WUWT is up in two categories, Best science/technology blog, and Lifetime Achievement Award.
Given the other finalists in the sci-tech category (which was combined this year) and the amount of traffic they have, I don’t think WUWT has an ice cube’s chance in hell of winning.
But, we’ll give it a go.
In the Lifetime Acheivement category, the blog Pioneer Woman is expected to be the favorite, having won numerous other awards. Again, I don’t think WUWT has much of a chance.
But, we’ll give it a go.
1. Visit http://2012.bloggi.es/ for the main voting page,
2. Locate the category thumbnails for the categories you want to vote on (you need to vote at least three categories to submit a vote). Here’s what the Sci-Tech Category looks like:
3. If you want to vote for WUWT (or any of the blog categories), click on the little grey circle in the lower right of the icon, and it turns into a checkbox and greys out the other thumbnails. Note the contest rotates the thumbnails for fairness in placement, so it may not look like the image order above.
4. Scroll up/down. Vote for any other blogs you like in any other categories the same way. You don’t have to vote for all other blog categories, as the system doesn’t require it, but please check out other categories. These other bloggers work very hard to deliver a quality product. Reward them if you feel they deserve it.
5. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page: (note – don’t use cursor keys, it will change your vote!)
6. Complete the captcha by typing the words displayed in your browser (not the ones above), put in a VALID email address. Press the yellow SUBMIT button. Note- you won’t get spammed by doing so. See the fine print under the email box.
7. Wait for an email in your inbox. That email contains a link to verify your vote. If you don’t get it within a half hour, check your spam filter.
8. Click on the link in your email to verify your vote. It will take you to the verification page on the website and you’ll get a success message.
9. Spread the word! Twitter, Facebook, mailing lists, friends, comments on other blogs, and most importantly, if you run a blog, I’d welcome a posting on this topic.
You know that some others who dislike what we do here will try to create anti-vote campaigns as they have done in the past. Success depends on whether there are more people who view WUWT as a science resource versus those that simply want to haul out the hate, and slap on the “denier” label.
10. Remember, while winning is fun, the way you play the game is just as important. Don’t cheat. Don’t encourage cheating, and simply let the chips fall where they may.
Also, there are a couple of other blogs worth noting.
In the Political category, American Thinker is up against the propaganda blog Think Progress (Joe Romm’s Center for American Progress outfit) and the Huffington Post. Another David-Goliath battle. I on occasion cite American Thinker for some of the great articles there. I usually mock HuffPo and Think Progress, for the flaming articles there, that should tell you something.
In the Humorous category XKCD, hands down, though too bad Josh isn’t there.
Thanks for your consideration – Anthony