Measurment of temperature is getting so much easier these days. Some of you may have a need for this WiFi Temperature / Humidity Data Logging Sensor, so I thought I’d list it here. It allows you to log temperature and humidity anywhere, and report the data over your WiFi connection. You can run multiples of these on your 802.11b WiFi Connection and log the data wirelessly into your PC. You can also setup from data streaming to watch the data live. It works with any consumer or industrial grade wireless router. Pretty cool.
The EL-WiFi-TH sensor measures the temperature and humidity of the environment in which it is situated. Data is transmitted wirelessly via a WiFi network to a PC and viewed using a free Windows based software package. During configuration the sensor will search for an existing wireless network while physically connected to the PC. It can then be placed anywhere within range of the network. If the sensor temporarily loses connectivity with the network, it will log readings until it is able to communicate again with the PC application (max 60 days at 10 second sample interval). The range of the sensor can be increased by using off the shelf WiFi extenders.
This EL-WiFi-TH is a low powered battery device. When configured using typical sampling periods (e.g. once every 60 seconds) the sensor will operate for over one year. The battery can then be recharged via a PC or USB +5V wall adapter using the USB lead provided.
The software installed on the PC will allow set-up, data logging and data review. Set-up features will include sensor name, °C/°F, sample rate, and high/low alarms. Once configured, logged data can be viewed via the graphing tool or exported into Excel.
This sensor stands alone by itself on a horizontal surface and comes with a wall bracket that can be screwed onto a wall or flat surface. The sensor clips into the bracket.
Temperature and humidity data acquisition and monitoring has applications in a range of industries including: meteorology, building monitoring, server room monitoring, energy usage, pharmaceutical, HVAC, agriculture, horticulture and environmental studies. Sensors can be used across the food industry from manufacturing and storage to distribution and retail. Other sensitive products that require temperature monitored environments include medical vaccines, historical artifacts and wine. The unit is small enough to ship with packaging of perishables.
- Temperature and humidity data logging sensor
- WiFi capability and integrated display
- Wireless connectivity to PC via WiFi
- Easy sensor set-up using free PC software
- View and analyse multiple sensors using the PC application, including immediate graphing of historic data
- Measurement range from -20 to +60°C (-4 to +140°F)
- 802.11b compliant
- Capable of logging greater than 500,000 data set entries
- Battery life typically a year or more between charges
- Sensor memory stores all data even if WiFi is temporarily disconnected
- IP55 compliant weather resistant enclosure
- Rechargeable internal lithium polymer battery
- Configurable high and low alarms with indicator
- Max & Min readings
- Low battery indicator
- WiFi connection indicator
- USB port used for recharging
- Supplied with wall bracket and micro USB lead
The battery is safely charged when the unit is operating between 0 to +40°C (+32 to +104°F). It is protected against charging outside this temperature range. Sensor readings may be inaccurate during battery charging.
Here’s a video showing setup and operation:
Available at a discount for $162.50
Want one? Order it here: http://weathershop.com/wifith.htm