NOAA predicts near-normal 2019 Atlantic hurricane season

El Nino and warmer-than-average Atlantic help shape this season’s intensity From NOAA press release: NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is predicting that a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season is most likely this year. This outlook forecasts a 40% chance of a near-normal season, a 30% chance of an above-normal season and a 30% chance of a below-normal…

Advertisements

* As hurricane season starts, the FSU hurricane season forecast is the odd man out citing "active"

*UPDATE: FSU has made a change, the press agent writes to me with this update: The lead researcher on the hurricane forecast has requested a change to the headline to make it clearer, and I have made that change to the release posted on EurekAlert. http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-05/fsu-hsi053112.php The preferred headline is “Hurricane season is here, and…