I guess Media Matters wasn’t enough? Interesting that they specifically target Fox News via the “Rupert Murdoch” mention. But I’d take their advice and send them alerts, there’s plenty of misrepresentations in the media daily:
Monitor the print and broadcast media outlets in your area and alert us to misrepresentations about global warming. Send alerts to Aaron Huertas at email@example.com.
From the Union of Concerned Scientists:
Promoting Climate Science for the Public Good
For centuries science has made the world better for all of us. It’s made our food, our air, and our water safer. It’s made our lives more productive and efficient. Science has brought us many of the conveniences we take for granted in our day-to-day lives.
But recently, science, and especially climate science, has become a political football. Organized interests seeking to delay desperately needed actions to reduce heat-trapping emissions have manufactured controversies and misrepresented the facts.
Such tactics are meant to sow confusion and lull the public into a dangerous complacency. But we will not let those who deny and distort climate science succeed.
UCS is leading a campaign to allow the voices of climate scientists to be heard and to educate the public about the overwhelming weight of the scientific evidence for human-caused global warming. To accomplish this, we are taking a number of steps, including the following:
- Working with climate scientists from around the country to disprove fallacies and educate the public about the real facts on global warming.
- Developing and distributing clear, accessible information to help the media and the public understand the science behind our changing climate.
- Building American pride in the dedicated researchers who are working to understand and adapt to the consequences of our changing climate.
- Partnering with Americans from all walks of life to set the record straight on global warming pollution and the urgent need to rein it in.
What You Can Do
- Monitor the print and broadcast media outlets in your area and alert us to misrepresentations about global warming. Send alerts to Aaron Huertas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a scientist, we have many ways that you can get involved. Learn more by contacting Jean Sideris at email@example.com
- Tell Rupert Murdoch: Get the Facts Straight. Send a message today.
h/t to WUWT reader DocattheAutopsy