This weblog awards contest has few people up in arms because WUWT is currently leading. Lucia points out some of the dynamics of silliness that go on related to it.
My take on it: it’s all simply fun, and the outcome affects nothing, heck there’s not even a prize except for a sidebar badge. But in the spirit of that fun, I thought I’d share some of my favs:
- Best Blog – I’m going with Huffington Post, for having the courage to run Harold Ambler’s essay on Al Gore
- Best Online Community – Our friend Jennifer Marohasy is in the running, she needs a little help
- Best Liberal Blog – I note that BigCityLib is not present, so I have no pick. Though given Wonkette’s lead, choice is irrelevant
- Best Conservative Blog – This is a tough one, as many of these have befriended WUWT. But I think I have no truer friend than Kate over at Small Dead Animals
- Best Celebrity Blogger – Hands down, Wil Wheaton, the rest are just noise
- Best Technology Blog – I like Engadget for this.
- Best European Blog – Not only for content, but for widgets, Luboš Motl and The Reference Frame
- Best Science Blog – Take your pick
Here are some categories that didn’t make it this year and my nominees:
Best tongue in cheek commenter: Steve Mosher
Best blog that is my inspiration: Steve McIntyre of Climate Audit
Best cheerleader: Gosh, there are so many. Roger Pielke Sr. has been stalwart as has been Joe D’Aleo. Evan Jones and John Goetz come to mind. So do Russ Steele and Gary Boden, and Leon B. and ‘jeez’, tough choices. But given all these choices….I think perhaps ‘smokey’ might be the winner here though.
Best angry blogger not nominated: Joe Romm of Climate Progress seems to be the clear winner, though Tamino is worthy of note
Best troll: TCO aka TCOisbanned
Best reason for me to stop blogging: my family that doesn’t get enough attention from me as it is
Best Silly Logo: Gary Boden’s rendition above
Best Orange Wiener Dog in a sidebar: Lucia’s the Blackboard