People send me stuff. In this case it is a groaner of a press release where kids too young to think will be used as political pawns for climate change action. They say:
…will focus on the air pollution that causes dangerous climate change. Families from across the country will showcase exactly what’s at stake as temperatures and sea levels rise: Our children’s health and future.
Right. So will your kids benefit from a future where electricity prices are so high they can’t afford to run an air-conditioner (due to high priced “green” electricity) to offset that “dangerous climate change” you are talking about? I find this whole thing of using children for political means distasteful.
700+ MOMS FROM ACROSS U.S. TO HOLD “PLAY-IN” PROTEST ON CAPITOL HILL URGING CLIMATE, AIR POLLUTION ACTION
Support for Federal Action on Climate Change to be Major Theme of Unique Event; “Family Friendly Protest” to Feature News Event and Concert by Members of “Guster”.
WASHINGTON, D.C.//NEWS ADVISORY///Hundreds of moms and their children will gather on Capitol Hill Wednesday (July 13, 2016) to hold a unique “Play-In” protest event. The moms and their kids will focus on the need to address climate change and air pollution, and also will demand climate solutions like renewable energy and federal limits on greenhouse gas emissions.
Organized by Moms Clean Air Force, the “family friendly” protest event takes place Wednesday from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. at the Upper Senate Park, 200 New Jersey Avenue NW on Capitol Hill. The news event will be held from 10:30-11 a.m. at the same location. Moms, members of the band “Guster” and other speakers will focus on the air pollution that causes dangerous climate change. Families from across the country will showcase exactly what’s at stake as temperatures and sea levels rise: Our children’s health and future.
Available online at www.momscleanairforce.org/play-in-climate-action, the schedule for the Play-In protest event is as follows:
* 9 a.m.-9:30 a.m. – Registration;
* 9:30-10:30 a.m. – Family activities, including music from renowned children’s performer Mister G, music from members of “Guster,” hula-hoops, yoga, and giant puppets;
* 10:30-11 a.m. — News conference.
News event speakers will include:
* Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI.), Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works;
* Senator Tom Udall (D-N.), Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works;
* Additional members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives (invited);
* Members of the rock band Guster;
* Chamique Holdsclaw, former WNBA star and U.S. Olympic Team member;
* Casey Camp-Horinek, actor, member of the Ponco nation, native rights activist and member of the Indigenous Environmental Network;
* Heidi Cullen, chief scientist, Climate Central;
* Dominique Browning, co-founder and senior director, Moms Clean Air Force;
* Vanessa Hauc, Emmy-award-winning correspondent, Noticiero Telemundo;
* Dr. Erica L. Holloman, founder and CEO of Ayika Solutions, Inc., and coalition coordinator for the Southeast CARE Coalition.
Hundreds of mothers and their children from across the U.S. are expected to participate in the “Play-In” protest event.
MEDIA CONTACT: Alex Frank, (703) 276-3264 or email@example.com
Moms Clean Air Force is a community of 740,000 moms — and dads — working together to combat air pollution, including the urgent crisis of our changing climate. For more information, go to www.momscleanairforce.org or follow us on Twitter @CleanAirMoms, Instagram @cleanairmoms, or Facebook @momscleanairforce.
Play-In for Climate Action partners are: Allergy & Asthma Network, Alliance for Climate Education, Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments, Children’s Environmental Health Network, Citizens’ Climate Lobby – DC chapter, Chesapeake Climate Action Network, Climate Mama, Climate Parents, Cool Mom, Dear Tomorrow, Defend Our Future, Elders Climate Action, Evangelical Environmental Network, Faith Alliance for Climate Solutions, Green America, Green for All, Maryland Environmental Health Network, Moral Action on Climate, National Hispanic Medical Association, National Solar Schools Consortium, No Planeta B, Our Kids Climate, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Reverb, Sachamama, Southeast CARE Coalition, Trinity Family Life Center, and Utah Moms for Clean Air.