UPDATE: The website is back online after technical issues were resolved.
Getting lots of notices from people via email, so figured I’d post this.
Here’s what I know:
1. Jo recently moved the entire website to a new provider to save costs.
2. There have been some technical issues with the performance of her site on the new ISP.
3. Yesterday, direct links to postings stopped working, but the main page at
http://joannenova.com.au worked OK
4. The last email I had from her last night said she was looking into the problem.
5. Since her direct email is also part of the suspended account, I don’t know yet if I can communicate with her. Emails don’t appear to be bouncing. Whether she can access email or not is another question.
6. As of this writing is about midnight in Perth, so she may not even be aware of the outage.
7. joannenova.com.au Is Hosted by SoftLayer, Inc.
- Hosting: SoftLayer, Inc. host the domain joannenova.com.au
- IP Address: 184.108.40.206
- Name Servers: ns1.easybudgetwebsites.com.au, ns2.easybudgetwebsites.com.au
I suspect technical issues over censorship, so I advise everyone not to jump to conclusions.
UPDATE: I’ve sent a query to the legal department of SoftLayer, Inc. to see if there was a legal issue of any kind. – Anthony
I’ve now heard from them:
The problem is not here with our hosting services. If it was, the website would not resolve to anything other than perhaps a “parking” page. We do not have any feature on our system that would cause the words “account suspended” to be displayed.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
UPDATE2: I’ve heard from Jo Nova via email, it is a technical issue, not a legal takedown. It seems to be related to some cache issue with logfiles that went out of control requiring the shutdown of the specific hosting server.