Travel Hockey

I’m travelling the next few days, moderation will be spotty. After tomorrow, you may find that comments may go for 12 -18 hours or more without approval.

In the meantime, you can debunk my own “hockey stick”.

stats_wuwt_feb08.png

click for larger image

Thanks to all who have come by and participated with comments and ideas!

Best Regards,

Anthony

0 0 vote
David Jay
February 29, 2008 6:15 pm

I want to see the raw data. I think you made GISS-style adjustments to October – December 🙂

bill-tb
February 29, 2008 7:35 pm

dittos — We would need the raw data to make sure it’s not been fudged … 🙂

Evan Jones
Editor
February 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Nobody beats the Rev!
(DJ: Har! Har!)

Jim Arndt
February 29, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi,
Anthony you advertising on Google. Oh I’m sorry you correlate that with CO2….LOL

henry
February 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Yep, things are definately heating up…

Erik Anderson
February 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Hey Anthony,
First-time poster here! I’m taking your web-stats topic as a most inviting opportunity to send you my heartfelt congratulations on the overall success of your recent www endeavors. I grew up in Redding and went to CSUC (early 90’s) during your KHSL days. So it’s been especially delightful to see a familiar personality dishing up reverberating contributions to the international AGW controversy, which I’ve been following assiduously for some time now. I anticipate even more fascinating developments in the years to come with sunspot inactivity being what it is – I will definitely stay tuned!
Cheers,
Erik Anderson
Anderson, CA
REPLY: Erik, thank you for the kind words!

Evan Jones
Editor
February 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Erik:
If you haven’t be extra sure to check out all 50-odd entries entitled “How not to measure temperature”.
That answers the question of why the NASA UHI adjustment doesn’t make it: It is keying off of “rural” stations in hideous violation! (I consider my initial suspicions as to this amply confirmed by the discussions here and on CA.)
Message to GISS: “Adjust” THAT!
Throw in a little “Lights=0” humor into the mix and waddya got? “Urban cooling”–according to NASA!

AGWscoffer
March 1, 2008 2:20 am

Congratulations on the great hockey stick results!
This one is genuine…and Mann will certainly be green with envy.

AGWscoffer
March 1, 2008 2:37 am

Wow! By George I think we’ve now found the real climate driver!
Notice how well the number of views correlates with global temps.
Of course we only have to come up with some bristlecones and tree ring data to
complete the curve for the previous 148.5 years. And then – presto – we’ll be ready for publication in Nature and the 5th IPCC report!

MattN
March 1, 2008 3:29 am

Seems pretty spurious to me. Perhaps it’s teleconnected to bristlecone pine tree rings?

Philip_B
March 1, 2008 5:28 am

Notice how well the number of views correlates with global temps.
I did. Anthony’s blog is clearly teleconnected to global temperatures.

March 1, 2008 7:38 am

i want o say that being on the evolving side of AGW might have something to do with it. Getting your name/results/efforts into the big press might have something to do with it, and more over, having small guys like me commenting at their hours might have helped just a little.
Congrats!

MattN
March 1, 2008 3:13 pm

When are RSS and UAH number due out for Feb?
Congrats on the success Anthony. You’ve got a good thing going here….

David Jay
March 2, 2008 2:44 pm

Matt:
Junk Science usually updates their UAH numbers within a day or so of publishing on this link:
(still has January only, as of today)

Steve Keohane
March 2, 2008 3:43 pm

It just goes to show how a little information incures a deeper look. Hope you’ve got a log curve going there.

Robert Wood
March 2, 2008 5:29 pm

Clearly global warming is heating up!

Rutger
March 3, 2008 1:10 am

…HOAX…!!!

AGWscoffer
March 3, 2008 3:31 am

I wish to take the occasion to refer all you Neanderthal sceptics to the following highly enlightening link: (I’m being sarcastic).
This is really serious!
Now c’mon folks – don’t laugh!! This film is:
Finalist in DEFRA National Climate Change Competition.
This film is now being shown to thousands of teenagers across America in schools and museums. It currently appears on the opening page of one of the largest educational websites in the USA.

Neo-andertal
March 3, 2008 6:35 am

I believe your latest numbers are skewed by phenomena known as an Insta-lanche (or Instapundit avalanche). That’s how I got here anyway. You have probably been linked by others as a direct result. Enjoy your fleeting moment in the limelight. Nice site though, some of us might stick around.

Evan Jones
Editor
March 3, 2008 7:49 am

Either that, or he’s onto something!

Bruce Foutch
March 3, 2008 2:24 pm

l think I found a photo of young Mr. Watts 😉
Keep up the great work!

Bruce Foutch
March 3, 2008 2:25 pm
James Chamberlain
March 11, 2008 11:57 am

Hi Anthony,
Keep up the good work. Have you noticed that you passed your buddies at real climate for web visits now? 🙂
Check it out at http://www.alexa.com
Good job!!
REPLY: No I hadn’t but thank you for noting it.