43 thoughts on “Sunday Silliness – the new crop

1. Josh,

I am glad you did not go over-the-top with any illusions to enviro watermelons (green outside and red inside).

What wonderful restraint you have.

John

2. enthalpy says:
    October 23, 2011 at 1:04 pm
    Avocado

Hard green shell – mushy green flesh – great big nut in the middle

enthalpy,

You get my ‘keyboard splattered award’ for the week.

Great stuff.

John

3. Hey, there is no such thing as Urban Heat.. Muller says so. !! Must be correct.

At least, if there is, it doesn’t affect thermometers.

4. I also thought that the golden rule of science is if you know that you have bad data, you don’t massage it, you don’t dice it, you don’t sweeten it – you throw it out.

But of course, this is climate science.

5. son of mulder says:
    October 23, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Spin-ache

son of mulder,

Man, you are killing me with chuckles.

John

• Ah – I can see Richard Muller is not a real climate scientist greengrocer – he’s spelt the plurals correctly. (That’s not a dig at climate scientists – it is a running joke in the UK that greengrocers sell – apple’s, banana’s and potatoe’s)

6. @John Whitman says:
    October 23, 2011 at 12:47 pm
    John, I assure you that green watermelons are not “illusions”. You probably meant allusions.

7. “Fruits out of season”: the reeducation of the Great Capitalist Masses may have suffered some setbacks, but at least the Fruits of the Earth have been brought forward by the principles of ComradeT. D. Lysenko. If this continues, the workers’ paradise, sorry, the Green Garden of Eden will be populated solely by lettuceheads…

8. DonS says:
    October 23, 2011 at 4:08 pm

@John Whitman says:
    October 23, 2011 at 12:47 pm

DonS,

Check. Thanks.

Sometimes I need to be smarter than my grammar/spell checker.

John

9. “I’m prepared to accept whatever result they produce, even if it proves my premise wrong” (March 6, 2011)

What a surprise that turned out not to be true.

10. Intellectual pea-soupers require:
    One dense fog of methodology
    Some Berkeley Out-of-dates
    and few Has-beans

Bungling Every Statistical Task (BEST)

11. enthalpy says:
    October 23, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Avocado

Hard green shell – mushy green flesh – great big nut in the middle

Excellent! lol

12. lucy skywalker
    October 24, 2011 at 1:44 am
    Academia Nuts

damn how do you get bourbon out of a key board

13. While checking for hilarious new fruit/veggie suggestions from fellow WUWT pun-dits (thanks, guysI) I looked at the cartoon again and found my favorite little worm at lower left. Thanks, Josh.

Comments are closed.