Open thread weekend

I’m stepping away today. Not feeling well, ear infections (due to wearing two hearing aids) are a chronic problem for me and I have a raging one today, so I’ll just be cranky. Off to the clinic then.

[update: Please guys, no more unsolicited suggestions for cures and treatments for Anthony. He keeps himself well-informed. I’m just asking nicely. ~ ctm]

Anything science, technology, weather and climate related within the policy limits of WUWT can be discussed below.

Don’t make me come back here.

About these ads

93 thoughts on “Open thread weekend

  1. Have you tried sugar alcohols, especially xylitol, which wash away germs?

    Have you tried ribose, the sugar in ATP? This is currently used by athletes to recover from exercise faster, as ribose is the rate-limiter in ATP production. I would be keenly interested to know what, if anything, this stuff does for you, because years ago I read in a book about a doctor who cured the common cold in 30 minutes by injecting RNA. If that claim was true, then ribose by mouth would probably give equal and safer results. I am very eager to find out.

  2. I think I have mentioned this before. Eventually, you may need to reconsider getting implants. Regular hearing aids depend on an intact middle ear space. My mother, had she lived past her 50’s, would have had to consider that choice as well. Her middle ear mechanics were nearly locked into place with otosclerosis, plus she had neural damage from ototoxic antibiotics. Constant severe ear infections can leave you without the necessary mechanics needed for regular amplification. And even with neural damage, these new implants may be the better route for you.

    I had constant ear infections as a child and still get them occasionally now. Painful, painful buggers.

  3. Here’s hoping we hear that your ear problem is resolved quickly and we here hear that you will return here quickly.

    So, y’all get better soon, you hear?

    Hear, hear!

  4. I have a cochlear implant (one ear) and have had it since 1991. Wonderful device but not effective over telephone, in noisy or reverberating environments, or in meetings. The last was the greatest drawback before retirement.

  5. Those darn environmentalists are trying to kill us all.

    http://www.israel21c.org/briefs/study-links-led-light-and-cancer

    If it’s not mercury in CFC light bults, cancerous gas additive MTBE thru the ground water, or now .. LED light suppressing the production of melatonin which adjusts our biological clock and is known for its anti-oxidant and anti-cancerous properties.
    Next, we will find out that “heavy metals” from solar panels is leaching into the ground water.

  6. Kiwi fruit & sweet potatoes… kiwi are loaded with phytochemicals and powerful antioxidants. Been known to prevent and even cure chronic diseases. Marathon runners find sweet potatoes beneficial as do people who have lived to be 100+. Blackberries & dark pigmented grapes, did I mention kiwis? I start my day with a few kiwi, wait an hour or so… ready to wrestle alligators!

  7. “Next, we will find out that “heavy metals” from solar panels is leaching into the ground water.”

    Not until solar becomes a viable industry making a profit without subsidies. Then it will be found to be evil.

  8. Anyone else noticed how all of a sudden, the MSM just can’t carry enough coverage of the economic meltdown in Europe? Could it be there is some other economic crisis that they want to distract us from? By jove, I think there could be!

  9. I suspect you are wearing hearing aids that have to be fitted to the ear canal. The behind the ear style has only a small tube delivering the sound into the canal and is much less an irritant. Best wishes. We need you.

    Reply: Anthony recently had a post about it here. -REP, mod]

  10. Anthony,
    I’ve battled ear problems similar to what you’re describing since my teenage years.

    The only solution that has worked for me to both prevent and resolve these types of infections has been the use of colloidal silver or grapefruit seed extract diluted in glycerin. Hydrogen peroxide has also helped. Over time I’ve relied mostly on the silver because it is simple and no mess; a few quick sprays in each ear daily; no problems. Complacency and forgetting, if an ear infection crops up, a extra sprays a day and it disappears. I can hear the “it’s quackery” howls already. Well, as a long time sufferer of ear problems, I don’t give a rip what anyone says. Twenty years of “approved” mainstream medicine antibiotic abuse/failure and twelve years of relief using “unapproved” methods is enough proof for me.

    And no, not all colloidal silver products are equal. I use Mesosilver, but there are other quality brands.

  11. Lady Life Grows says:
    September 17, 2011 at 9:05 am
    “Have you tried ribose, the sugar in ATP? This is currently used by athletes to recover from exercise faster, as ribose is the rate-limiter in ATP production. I would be keenly interested to know what, if anything, this stuff does for you, because years ago I read in a book about a doctor who cured the common cold in 30 minutes by injecting RNA.”

    Wouldn’t that be using the technique of RNA interference; discovered a few years ago? It has nothing to do with ATP or Ribose.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_interference

  12. Same as DR have been using dilute hydrogenperoxide with success for previous ringing ear- ear infection- eardrum rupture and repeat as Doctors experiment with anti biotics Advice came from an RN at our emergency ward.3-6% solution works for me. Good luck , get well soon..

  13. The ENT surgeon who operated on my ear recommended using vinegar rinses; 50% household vinegar, 50% water, warmed to body temperature. I apply vinegar/water mixture gently with a soft rubber squeeze syringe, until the rinse material is clear. Followed by a hair dryer on low to dry the affected ear.

    I realize this is anecdotal information, but it [apparently] has worked well for me for over two years now.

    Hope your infection is soon cured.

  14. Neo (September 17, 2011 at 9:28 am) wrote:
    Those darn environmentalists are trying to kill us all. … If it’s not mercury in CFC light bults, cancerous gas additive MTBE thru the ground water, or now .. LED light suppressing the production of melatonin which adjusts our biological clock and is known for its anti-oxidant and anti-cancerous properties.

    No, no! You’re off message! It’s the arsenic in the gallium arsenide LEDs that’s going to kill us all! Every time you eat a bagful of LEDs, you’re being poisoned! Stay on message, or Uncle Albert will be highly displeased…

    Neo (September 17, 2011 at 9:28 am) continues:
    Next, we will find out that “heavy metals” from solar panels is leaching into the ground water.

    Yes, yes! Aluminum and silicon are terrible heavy metals! Acid rain dissolves them and washes them off our roofs straight into our drinking water. They’ll kill us all… What’s that you say? Aluminum is a light metal, not a heavy metal? And silicon isn’t a metal at all? Never mind…

  15. One of my favorite oxymorons is “alternative medicine”. Mr. Watts has taken exactly the right course of action. He’s off to see a physician. We have no idea if he’s suffering from otitis extrerna or otitis media. If I had severely attenuated auditory acuity I most certainly wouldn’t screw around with my remaining hearing by employing a host of home remedies. Then again…he could always just kill a chicken and dance naked around a campfire.

  16. @JRR
    Hydrogen Peroxide helps for sure, but it doesn’t get deep inside and tends to dry the skin causing more itching in my case. It also doesn’t do much to prevent, at least in my experience. I’ve had tinnitus for 20 years btw.

    I routinely (once a week or so) flush the ears to keep the wax out but always spray with silver afterwards.

    Grapefruit Seed Extract is stronger than bleach yet non-toxic, but it must always be highly diluted and never used around the eyes. For the doubters out there, we saved my father’s foot from amputation using GSE after being told nothing would prevent it. Again, this will be said to be anecdotal, but there are several laboratory tests showing GSE is very effective against staph A for instance; just 6 ppm kills the bacteria. We’ve used it for everything from horse colic to mold.

    Medical types can be the most belligerent closed minded ‘know-it-all’ people I know.

  17. Dr. Dave,
    That is precisely attitude I’m referring to. And yes, Anthony will run off to the doctor again, and again and again, just as I did. Isn’t that the definition of insanity?

  18. Your hurricane spirals are looking good for the Inverse Square Law.

    http://homepages.woosh.co.nz/zanzibar/41.html

    I only use one spiral which has a .9 ratio so I’ve listed the ratios alongside their squares and square roots. (click on the pic) I guess that if you are standing x distance from a point and you move towards that point by .9, then the distance you have moved will be the square root of the original distance. Given that exponential relationship, it isn’t surprising to see the same numbers reoccurring but the exact pattern of this escapes me as I have only 12 decimal places on my pocket calculator (solar powered). As some of you will have more sophisticated setups, I invite you to extend this examination. To give an idea of what could be at stake, I’ve used the spiral to sketch a theoretical power circuit as it would occur in the apparently hexagonal grid between individual carbon atoms in a sheet of graphene. There is a Youtube movie in which I do believe i see attempts at bridge building at the hole perimeter.

    cheers

  19. edbarbar says:
    September 17, 2011 at 12:01 pm

    I’m surprised the loonies haven’t tagged this as being on account of man made global warming:

    That’s because they know hot air is less dense and would have the opposite effect. They do have some scientific knowledge.

  20. DR (September 17, 2011 at 10:42 am) wrote:
    I’ve battled ear problems similar to what you’re describing since my teenage years. … The only solution that has worked for me to both prevent and resolve these types of infections has been the use of colloidal silver … Over time I’ve relied mostly on the silver because it is simple and no mess; a few quick sprays in each ear daily; no problems. … I can hear the “it’s quackery” howls already.

    You’ll hear no howls from me, if you’re only using it topically. If it fends off ear infections and keeps you healthy, that’s great!

    However, if you’re thinking of taking colloidal silver internally, or are already doing so, check out Rosemary’s Story. Rosemary has argyria – a permanent, irreversible skin discoloration caused by the ingestion of silver. She’s gone through life gray because of colloidal silver nose drops that were prescribed by a doctor for allergies. Her gray skin color has cost her jobs and interfered with her social life.

    Kermit the Frog expressed his frustrations in the song, “It’s Not Easy Being Green.” If you ingest colloidal silver, you’ll soon be able to sing the silver version, “It’s Not Easy Being Gray”!

  21. Anyone else having Droid issues on WUWT?

    My Droid, running 2.2.2 with the stock browser, won’t show anything but the very top of each post. Dragging, swiping, up/down arrowing, all seem turned off. It’s the only blog I have this particular problem with.

    Opera will show the whole post, but the font is truly horrible.

  22. A little help from the scientists in the group please.

    I don’t really buy the “greenhouse” theory because I have been in a real greenhouse. They work because they have a roof on top; and the earth does not.

    So, here would be my idea of an experiment. Take two large greenhouses, side by side and equal in every way, without any roofs on them. Fill one with CO2 and measure the temps in both over a time period. What would happen?

    My wager is that both would have the same temperature.

  23. I was sitting looking at a glass of coke the other day then tapped it with my finger and watched the sudden eruption of bubbles rise to the surface releasing the CO2, as i have done many times over the years.
    This got me thinking and wondered if there has ever been any studies done on the effect of vessel propulsion systems causing the sea water to release the trapped CO2 within its structure, in a similar manner to the glass of coke, being tapped by a finger? Hence, would the increase in shipping over the past decades contibute to the rise in CO2?
    Sometimes finding the solution to a problem is just a case of asking the right question.

  24. I recommend trying: 1 12oz bottle of Negra Modelo beer mixed with 1 11-1/2oz can of V8 juice. It is a truly amazing potion for overall healing and health. In 2 weeks of drinking this mixture every afternoon, the hearing loss in my right ear, caused by a minor stroke in 1987, was cured, and I my hearing was completely restored. It is wonderful for a good many other reasons. Everyone who has tried it thinks it is a miacle potion, and my younger daughter, who had severe joint and back pains has dubbed it the “Bloody Miracle”. Within a week of drinking 12oz each day, her joint and back pain went completely away.

    Try it . . . you will love the results. All who have tried it say the same thing. “It really works, and works quickly.”

  25. joseph says:
    September 17, 2011 at 12:56 pm

    A little help from the scientists in the group please.

    I don’t really buy the “greenhouse” theory because I have been in a real greenhouse. They work because they have a roof on top; and the earth does not.

    ——–

    The term “greenhouse effect” is a bit misleading. Try this for a basic explanation of how it works:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect

    And if you don’t like wikipedia, there are plenty of other explanations out there.

    Not sure about your experiment, it would depend on how you set it up. But in the real atmosphere, be assured that without the greenhouse effect the world would be a much, much colder place.

  26. Well that is interesting.

    I am one of the few people who has been able to live in the “mainstream” society 100%. Despite my lousy hearing.Hearing so bad that I MUST wear a hearing aid and be in fairly quite area to have a good conversation with someone.Most people with the level of profound hearing loss that I have,end up with sign language or special life styles.To be able to communicate.

    The reason for that is because my parents were determined to try to have me mainstreamed into regular society,through early speech training.Yes I was a terrible speaker.Because I was not hearing them until I got a hearing aid at age 4.To this day,my voice sounds different from the usual voices you hear.My enunciation is weak on some of the letters.But I able to have a reasonable conversation,until recently.My hearing erodes due to aging (in my 50’s) and long term damage from using high amplifying hearing aids.

    I have worn Hearing aids since age 4 (1964). First it was the big ones that had a lot of power,but bulky.I carried the aid unit by hand and put them on my school desk.Over the years they got smaller and smaller.Went to wearing it in a bra like halter.To the point of making them go behind the ear.The power of miniaturization.But the power supply suffers from the downsizing of the unit.
    I have always been hard of hearing.

    Now I have to decide on the inner ear implant soon.Because my hearing is now so bad that I am using the most powerful unit available.It is getting old and know that it will have to be replaced within two years or so.

    It cost around $35,000 for the entire operation and the implant unit.Fortunately insurance will cover most of it.It is the process in getting approval for the implant that will take time and energy.My Audiologist has recently expressed interest in my making this big move.He has to help me justify the cost with valid hearing tests and ear examination.To show that I am indeed a valid candidate for the operation.

    Maybe this fall or winter is when I start the process in the goal of having that operation by next spring?

  27. Reading World Climate Report’s latest post on the models brings a question to mind.

    The actual, observed temperature data (to the extent we can trust that data) are right at the lower end of the models’ projected (don’t say “predicted”) confidence interval. If you are trying to scare people, this is ideal: The models predict the most warming while still giving you the ability to claim they are supported by observations. I must wonder whether this is a coincidence, or if the models were engineered toward that end.

    Or maybe I’m just paranoid.

  28. @Bob Tisdale says:
    September 17, 2011 at 1:50 pm

    Thanks for the heads up and the link.

    What’s up with the Indian Ocean? Everywhere else seems to be trending downward or flat but the IO keeps heading up.

  29. Colonial,
    Rosemary Jacobs did not get argyria from colloidal silver, it was caused from silver salts; two totally different forms of silver solution.
    If argyria were such a problem, where are the blue skin colonies?

    This is not directed at you, but it is just too hilarious listening to all the drug pushers warning about the dangers of colloidal silver when there are documented hundreds of thousands of cases of deaths and injury caused directly from the use of FDA approved drugs.

  30. @ Neo says:
    September 17, 2011 at 9:28 am

    There’s that damn unintended consequence again. When will scientists learn to mind their own business and quit doing this science stuff? ;)

    Guess I’ll have to stock up on candles. Oh, wait! Those spew that nasty CO2 stuff, and could burn my house down. Hmmmm. I know! A cave and no lights at all!

  31. Well I never suggested putting kiwi & sweet potato in anyone’s ear… just looking out for yawl’s better overall health, that’s all.
    Hey there Ed! My droid is like yours, only works right on full site. Mobile is like wrestling a pig.

  32. H.R. says: “What’s up with the Indian Ocean? Everywhere else seems to be trending downward or flat but the IO keeps heading up.”

    It’s tough to say since the Indian Ocean had very little temperature readings at depth prior to the ARGO era.

    I wrote a post about the inverse relationship between the SST residuals (SST anomalies of an ocean basin minus global SST anomalies) of the Indian and North Pacific Oceans.

    http://bobtisdale.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/opposing-north-pacific-and-indian-ocean-sst-residuals/

    But I can’t say if this is coming into play with the OHC data. I’ll look into it.

  33. Fit_Nick says:
    September 17, 2011 at 1:05 pm

    Huh?! Now that is an interesting question! I know there are decades of work related to bubble formation associated with boat prop/screws, both surface ships and submarines. Anybody know of any related work that studied the composition and partial pressures of the gases in the cavitation bubbles?

  34. JC says:
    September 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm
    “The actual, observed temperature data (to the extent we can trust that data) are right at the lower end of the models’ projected (don’t say “predicted”) confidence interval. If you are trying to scare people, this is ideal: The models predict the most warming while still giving you the ability to claim they are supported by observations. I must wonder whether this is a coincidence, or if the models were engineered toward that end.”

    Even two model runs of the same model, with different initial atmospheric conditions, will give you trends that vary by an order of magnitude over decadal scales. Or in other words, you start one, and it goes in some direction; like throwing darts blindfolded.

    I think they’re engineered to look halfway plausible (and plausible for the climate scientists means they better show some warming on average of the runs) and that’s all the climate scientists could really achieve, because they’re trying to solve a problem that they can’t solve with their approach – predicting the future of a chaotic system.

    They can’t solve it with any Turing-equivalent machine…

  35. Got an update from Eric today, we have both been busy with our own projects and he has supplied me with a quote for the forecast setup services and a years subscription to his service, described;

    Where we stand on the progress;
    “As for delivery, I could do an analysis of the forecast format, etc.
    like I did last time to make sure it’s suitable for import by the end
    of September. Then once any corrections are made, do the full
    setup/import code. If that went well (there were few corrections
    needed, etc.) I could import September 2011 before October 15, which
    would allow you to then see the September aggregations and data in
    mid-October.”

    working with huge data sets makes for slow progress, when I have limited funds available, but slow progress is better than no progress. The programer and I are still working out the details of the masking of the maps, and the rebuilding of the site layout to allow all of the additional maps in the higher resolution format. I am hoping to bring on line all of the additional features and the ongoing validation of the forecast accuracy by the first of the year 2012.

  36. Kelvin Vaughan says:
    September 17, 2011 at 10:50 am

    > Would a greenhouse on the moon warm the lunar surface?

    A greenhouse on Earth works by blocking convection. On the Moon there’s no atmosphere to convect.

    Alternatively, if the glass lets in shortwave radiation and blocks long wave, then that can slow the Moon’s radiative heat loss by the glass heating up and radiating some heat back down.

  37. Colonial says:
    September 17, 2011 at 12:46 pm

    DR (September 17, 2011 at 10:42 am) wrote:

    However, if you’re thinking of taking colloidal silver internally, or are already doing so, check out Rosemary’s Story. Rosemary has argyria – a permanent, irreversible skin discoloration caused by the ingestion of silver. S

    Ah, WUWT Nation does have all knowledge. I was thinking of hunting that down to post myself.

    DR says:
    September 17, 2011 at 3:58 pm

    Colonial,
    Rosemary Jacobs did not get argyria from colloidal silver, it was caused from silver salts; two totally different forms of silver solution.

    Rosemary’s web page mentions “A biopsy confirmed the diagnosis showing all the little specks of silver in my skin. Unfortunately, that is the only information that I have ever been able to get about the drug that disfigured me.” Are you talking about soluable silver salts or something that precipitates internally? I’m not sure that would lead to silver specks. What do you know that she doesn’t?

    I don’t use silver except in a water filter (where it’s supposed to stay put), so I haven’t followed this as closely as I might have.

  38. You and my dad with your hearing aids. My dad finally (20+ years) has found a set that are working for him on all fronts. Keep trying different types and see if you can get them on a 30 day trial because at $5,000 a pop it ain’t cheap. Good luck.

    As to thread ideas for the blog I’ve always wondered about this one:

    What is the one most important thing you have learned from WUWT?
    Just one and a brief description why. I know picking one is hard.

    I’ll tell you mine and I am very interested in what other readers have picked up here.

    LFTR. Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors. I’ve always been one who read lots on energy and so I was stunned. I felt rather out of the loop and clueless on the whole nuclear energy issue until I saw the video listed below. In it the speaker relates on how you can get a PhD in nuclear engineering/physics and NEVER hear about LFTRs.

    Over to the rest of you.

  39. charles the moderator says:
    September 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm
    Please guys, no more unsolicited suggestions for cures and treatments for Anthony. He keeps himself well-informed. I’m just asking nicely. ~ ctm

    ___________________________________________________________________________

    With due respect Charles, it is an open thread, and there may be people reading who share Anthony’s problem without being so well informed.

    Just saying…….

  40. I think this thread is absolutely a jewel!!! I am quite the sciency nerdy redhead (used to wear dark orange rimmed HUGE glasses with thick lenses) so home remedies don’t impress me much. However, that said, I had an opportunity to use duct tape on a wart that refused to fall off after freezing it several times. I went to my family physician and he recommended wrapping duct tape around my finger where the wart was for one week, then scrubbing the hell out of it with a pumice stone or sand paper, then wrapping it again for another week. I’ll be damned if the thing didn’t fall off.

  41. Pamela Grey, we have a plant in the tropics of NW Australia here called Grevillea pyramidalis, the caustic grevillea, that has a black sticky liquid coating covering ripening seeds. It was and still is used to create tribal ‘scars’ by applying to the skin. It is also used to burn off warts and other skin abnormalities. You cannot feel it burn, the first you know is when the skin blisters where applied.

  42. Ric Werme,

    http://www.silvermedicine.org/argyria.html

    I know the chemistry details of what actually causes argyria, but the info in that link explains it well, so why lecture. To sum it up:

    Paul Karason – Cosmetic Argyria
    Home Brewed CS Made with a Salt Primer

    I have had considerable experience with infections, beginning with my father who had been treated by a podiatrist for ten years for the typical problems that afflict diabetics. He had persistent infections on his feet, and the truth is, at least at that time, the infections are NOT “cured”, just “treated”. After all, elderly folks with diabetes are just expected to live with the affliction right? He had a heart attack in 1999. In the hospital (VA sad to say) they gave him dextrose which drove his sugar to 1000. Literally in a few days the infection in his foot rotted a hole completely through. A pencil would easily fit through it. His heel had a golf ball sized ulcer; the foot looked like a large red tomato and hamburger. His other foot was not as bad. He was transferred to another hospital thank God (no offense, but VA hospitals are a disgrace) where it was determined his foot would need to be amputated but was not possible due to his heart condition.

    The following is to the best of my recollection as it has been 12 years.

    He was sent home with a pic line and abx. Several weeks went by with no improvement. He had home nursing come in, debri the infected areas and flushed it out daily. Being medically ignorant, I simply observed his foot was not improving and wondered why the abx wasn’t working. I asked what was in the solution they were using; saline solution. Why wasn’t the infection going away I wondered.

    Something didn’t make sense, but who was I to question the medical experts? I stopped by a local health food store and they told me about grapefruit seed extract, but didn’t buy it. I went home, did some research and was a bit shocked at what I found, went back and bought a bottle of it.

    At that point his foot got progressively worse and the surgeon said the foot must be amputated, no ifs ands or buts. We had fears that would kill him because of his weak heart. My sister, having worked in nursing homes as a nurse for 20+ years took over the duties of cleaning out the foot (I’m too squeamish). We discussed whether to try the GSE (grapefruit seed extract), after all we had nothing to lose, although she was skeptical. My mother said go ahead, so I mixed the recommended dilution in water, and using the same procedure as with the saline solution, she treated his foot. The next morning she called me crying which I thought was going to be very bad news. Rather, the inflammation in his foot receded overnight, and looked to have improved. We repeated the procedure and it improved again. This was most unexpected. I then went to Quality Farm & Fleet, bought a horse feeder tub, modified it to accept a portable whirlpool bath machine and bought a gallon of hospital strength GSE, mixed the proper solution (1 oz per gallon distilled water) and we put his feet in the tub for 15 minutes a day.

    His doctor prescribed a $400 tube of Regranex, but after reading its success rate (45%), decided to not use it.

    I don’t recall the time frame, maybe a month or so, but as we continued the treatment, his foot eventually completely healed and until his death three years later NEVER had infections again on his feet as long as we used the whirlpool bath method a few days a week. They looked perfectly normal. We also used tea tree oil mixed with the prescribed lotion (which did nothing) and massaged his legs as well. It was nothing less than miraculous what it did for his dry cracked skin.

    In case anyone is wondering why my mother made the decision rather than my father, it was because, as we later discovered, the abx and whatever else was in the IV he was on made him appear to have dementia and could not function normally. We were told this from the heart attack and would not improve. His mind was in another world to the point where he thought he was back on Guadal Canal in WW2. Yes, it was that bad. After the third time, we decided that was the breaking point, would not have it reinserted and either this “unapproved” untested method would work or he’d have to go back to the hospital for amputation, and what we believed would be certain death. What happened after his third removal of the pic line is nothing but amazing. Within a week or so, his mind came back and he had no recollection of the previous weeks. Looking back, it was probably a good thing.

    In time, I did more research and discovered his diabetic neuropathy was “treatable” without pumping the drugs. Alpha lipoic acid, CoQ10 and others, I don’t recall now, restored feeling back in his feet, he no longer had the typical shuffling while walking and and had a much more better quality of life than what he was accustomed to. His heart disease was greatly improved as well, verified by blood test results and ultrasound data. I think statin drugs are little more than poison and do nothing to address issues such as homocysteine and C-reactive protein (CRP).

    I know there will be those who will poo poo this story, but I don’t care. It is true, and the good part is I received an email from a man in Chile whose father had a similar condition with his feet. The doctors there were open to our method and used it successfully. I hope others with loved ones in similar situations benefited from it.

    I could also relate a situation with a co-worker’s mother that contracted a Staph A nosocomial infection (VRE) in the hospital and nearly died, and how GSE was used in her situation, but meh, it’s just “anecdotal” and therefore unreliable. Incidentally, the information I received to pass on to his family came from a M.D. in California.

    My father also had basal cell carcinoma on his nose, but rather than start a flame war on “Quack” medicine, I’ll refrain and only will say it saved a 12+ hour operation and his nose, and certainly wouldn’t want WUWT to be in trouble with the FDA/FTC as those government agencies are only here to help consumers, not unlike the IPCC :) To make it clear, I am NOT against modern medicine and am thankful for our medical system, particularly in trauma situations and the truly miraculous operations that save and improve the lives of millions. However, there is little doubt corruption permeates the system as well, and it runs deep. It probably started back in the 1930’s or 1940’s. If anyone is interested, go to http://www.williamfkoch.com his family created several years ago. I did much research into William F Koch, met people (in Detroit) that personally knew him and used his SRS. In fact, my brother-in-law’s mother worked for Dr. Koch prior to him being railroaded out of the medical field and eventually the country, and I am good friends with a retired bio-physicist (now 80) who first told me about Koch, and asked me to do the research as he was directly involved. I spent many hours at the library in Lansing, Michigan. It is difficult to locate on the web, but Koch’s “serum” is used in Germany at a clinic there, but my friend questions if it is the genuine Koch original.

    Well, that’s part of my story, the first and last. Oh, and don’t other pointing me to QuackWatch; Stephen Barrett and his ilk are the equivalent of Joe Romm, a motley crew.

    [NOTE: Patience is a virtue. If something doesn't appear right away, wait a bit and then send a quick note to the mods. -REP, mod]

  43. Tom Harley,
    That is known as an Escharotic Salve. There are many versions, even the Amish have their own. Some are quite harsh and aggressive, others work more slowly and predictably.

    I’ve used one type many times for moles, and dare I say it…..skin cancer! OMG I said it. I’ve had some claim it is just an acid, but after putting it on normal skin and nothing happen, they become a bit flummoxed. I don’t know about the substance you are referring to, but what I am familiar with works by triggering a response of the immune system, causing the body’s NK cells to attack the abnormal cells. It is usually a 10-14 day process, and leaves little or no scarring when used properly. It is applied 3-5 days.

  44. Anything is possible says:
    September 17, 2011 at 6:47 pm

    With due respect Charles, it is an open thread, and there may be people reading who share Anthony’s problem without being so well informed.

    Why do you want to talk about hearing aids in an open thread when there’s a perfectly good post on hearing aids that people will read for years?

  45. Ric Werme,

    http://www.silvermedicine.org/argyria.html

    I know the chemistry details of what actually causes argyria, but the info in that link explains it well, so why lecture. To sum it up:

    Paul Karason – Cosmetic Argyria
    Home Brewed CS Made with a Salt Primer

    I glanced through that. It seems to me the role of salt is to let the electrolysis reaction go faster thanks to higher conduction in the colloidal generation.

    Note comments like:

    Fact: As Assistant Professor Kamila K Padlewska, MD notes, “The most common cause of argyria is mechanical impregnation of the skin by small silver particles in workers involved in silver mining, silver refining, silverware and metal alloy manufacturing.” Do NOT believe those who claim that silver particles cannot cause Argyria.

    Fallacy: ENVIA corporation states that ENVIA colloidal silver has no silver particles, and thus their product cannot cause argyria. [Umm, I thought a colloid was made of particles – a salt should dissolve and be ions, far smaller than particles.

    Fact: ENVIA corporation markets a high PPM silver compound, and we have corresponded with one dedicated user who has acquired argyria via ENVIA colloidal silver use.

    Fact: It is the production process of using salt or saline solution that causes multiple problems due to an uncontrollable electrolysis reaction. Just because silver chloride enters the body in this form, does not mean that it stays in this form. Not only is this “silver mud” less effective by far than a properly made isolated silver, but it contains an abundance of actual metallic silver particles….

    The grapefruit seed extract is interesting, thanks.

  46. TRM says:
    September 17, 2011 at 6:46 pm

    What is the one most important thing you have learned from WUWT?
    Just one and a brief description why. I know picking one is hard.

    My favorite from here are the Penn and Livingston papers on the declining magnetic fields and the impact on sunspots. Are we approaching a Maunder Minimum?

    See http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/09/18/suns-magnetics-remain-in-a-funk-sunspots-may-be-on-their-way-out/ and http://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/06/02/livingston-and-penn-paper-sunspots-may-vanish-by-2015/

  47. Anthony;
    try lubricating the canals with glycerin. Aside from being super-soothing, it is a contact-dehydrator of any and all bacteria. It also loosens impacted earwax. Very cheap.

  48. joseph says:
    September 17, 2011 at 12:56 pm

    A little help from the scientists in the group please.

    I don’t really buy the “greenhouse” theory because I have been in a real greenhouse. They work because they have a roof on top; and the earth does not.

    That’s why I wanted to know if a greenhouse on the moon would increase the temperature of the moons surface inside the greenhouse. I dont think there would be any difference if I understand Willis’ steel shell correctly. The only way the moon can cool is by radiation but a greenhouse on earth cools quickest by convection of the hot gasses in the greenhouse out throught the roof vent when it is opened.

    Does the solar radiation heat the soil, which heats the air or does the greenhouse trap the longwave IR.

    As I understand it, carbon dioxide acts like particles of carbon in the atmosphere.
    The longwave IR is absorbed by it and converted to heat which heats the other gasses of the air. If there was no CO2 in the atmosphere then that longwave IR would reach the ground and heat it. This would then heat the gasses in the air. Overall effect of CO2 in the atmosphere is therefor zero!

  49. Anthony, I have never suffered from ear problems but I put that down to a regular consumption of red wine.

    Get well soon.

  50. TRM says:
    September 17, 2011 at 6:46 pm
    “What is the one most important thing you have learned from WUWT?
    Just one and a brief description why. I know picking one is hard.”

    Ferenc Miskolczi’s theory. He’s arguing that if the atmospheric system could energetically increase the amount of greenhouse gases, it could already do so without waiting for us to emit CO2 – because it already has an unlimited supply of water to turn into water vapor.

    So, an increase in CO2 (or other non-water GHG’s) can effectively only displace some of the water vapor already in the atmosphere because the energetic constraints don’t change.

    Once you understood that, you can sit back and watch all the various CAGW scare stories and political shenanigans with bemusement.

  51. Kelvin Vaughan says:
    September 18, 2011 at 1:39 am

    As I understand it, carbon dioxide acts like particles of carbon in the atmosphere.
    The longwave IR is absorbed by it and converted to heat which heats the other gasses of the air. If there was no CO2 in the atmosphere then that longwave IR would reach the ground and heat it. This would then heat the gasses in the air. Overall effect of CO2 in the atmosphere is therefore zero!

    Absolutely not. Soot preferentially absorbs short wave radiation, longwe wavelengths go around it. Imagine the effect of objects of various sizes in the ocean – waves reflect off large objects, narrow objects like pilings have little effect.

    CO2 molecules sort of resonate at particular wavelengths and absorb those photons, then reradiate a moment later, they do not block short wavelengths (obviously they don’t block visible wavelengths). If vision were optimized for the wavelengths the Earth radiates, CO2 and other Greenhouse gasses would be colored – they’d both absorb and radiate the longer wavelengths. Objects in the distance would look bluish, but there would be a general reddish fog all around.

  52. On the subject of health, I left hospital monday last after 11 days of torture and pain. Now that may seem like a plea for sympathy but it isn’t, I promise.
    I suffered with a large stomach ulcer and repiratory infection. So what I hear you ask. Well, it triggered this old and fading memory of Dr. Marshal (maybe Alan) who discovered that 97% of all ulcers are bacterium induced. Why is that important? Well, Dr.Marshal faced a barrage of concensus science from his erstwhile colleagues in the profession. He suffered huge humiliation and refusal to publish at every step. In the end he was forced to ‘poison’ himself with the bateria he had grown from someone else’s ulcer.
    Within days he had his proof. He had spent many years trying to persuade his fellow profeesionals of his reseach and failed. Sound familiar? Well, now go look at wikipedia and you will see the classic wiki re-write of history. How his colleagues were not sticking to thier consenses but waiting for acceptable evidence? Acceptable to them , of course.

    In my opinion Marshal was the greatest scientist of the 20th century and, if not, certainly the greatest aussie.
    Why do I think that, he has saved more lives, more surgical procedures, more pain than any other. He also risked his life to fight the consensus a consensus soo deeply rooted that even today we still think of ulcers as being stress induced acid reflux.

    Dr. Marshal, I salut you. Thank you from the bottom of my stomach.

  53. Time for some fun:

    We have a solution for Global Warming:

    Just look at all these fails cause by AGW:

    IF only we can cut our CO2, this FAIL might not have happened:

    Bob Diaz

  54. Here’s a little thought experiment …

    Assume you had a planet with and Earth-like atmosphere but no GHGs. Of course, that means no water, no clouds and no life. The question is … what would the average surface temperature of this planet be?

    The surface would get the full effect of the Sun’s radiation. The surface would radiate some of it back to space but some of it would heat the atmosphere through conduction. While that process would be slow, the air temperature should rise and the heat would rise. And, since the air could not radiate away the heat, the temperature should build up during the day. At night the surface would continue to radiate the heat from the previous day and at some point the air would start heating the surface.

    As this process continues over time the planet should reach an equilibrium temperature. The question is whether that temperature is higher or lower than Earth’s temperature.

    It would be interesting to build a GCM of this planet and see what happens. If the planet became warmer than Earth one would have to conclude that GHGs provide a cooling effect. If the planet was cooler than Earth we’d conclude GHGs have a warming effect. And, if it comes out the same …

    Anyone care to make an educated guess? I really have no idea but my best WAG would be the planet would be warmer. The inability of the atmosphere to cool itself would, IMO, have a larger effect than the effect of reducing outgoing radiation … but then that’s just a guess on my part.

  55. Ric Werme says:
    September 18, 2011 at 5:20 am

    Kelvin Vaughan says:
    September 18, 2011 at 1:39 am

    Thanks for your reply Ric

    Surely if CO2 reradiated the waves then then the spectum would not show the CO2 absoption bands?

  56. So say that hypothetically the world is warming primarily due to human CO2 emissions and we are on track for a five degree Celsius rise, maybe ten degrees past this century. Also, hypothetically we have ample evidence to show that a mass extinction would occur (bad stuff). What would be the best policy or actions to reduce CO2 emissions in that case?

  57. Like my mother, the problem with ear infections has to do with the tight occluding ear mold required with high power amplification. If amplified sound leaks out around the ear mold, it creates feedback squeal. However, with a tight fitting occluding ear mold, the canal and middle ear space (if there are holes in the ear drum or the ear drum itself is missing) become a chronic breeding ground for bacteria. And bacteria in this space is VERY hard to erradicate. There are many crevices for tough little bacterium colonies to survive the onslaught of washes and antibiotics.

    With implants (which are much better than the old conductive hearing aids that transfered sound via vibrations on the bony prominence behind the ear), there are no occluding ear molds and resulting chronic ear infections to contend with. That does not mean a person will never get another ear infection. Compromised ear canal and middle ear space can still become infected even if occluding ear molds are not used. It just won’t happen as often.

    I think implants are the way to go. Ear infections can become life threatening so reducing them is key. One way to do that is to use amplification that does not require occluding ear molds (and yes I know Anthony knows all this – I am not speaking to him but to others who are posting treatment suggestions).

    Too bad duct tape wouldn’t work. Much cheaper than implants.

  58. Stephen Richards. Here is an excellent interview with Australian Dr. Barry Marshall.

    Q. With so much physical evidence of a real condition, why were ulcers routinely classified as psychosomatic?
    A. Eventually doctors realized they could see the ulcers with X-ray machines, but, of course, those machines were in big cites like New York and London—so doctors in those cities started identifying ulcers in urban businessmen who probably smoked a lot of cigarettes and had a high-pressure lifestyle. Later, scientists induced ulcers in rats by putting them in straitjackets and dropping them in ice water. Then they found they could protect the rats from these stress-based ulcers by giving them antacids. They made the connection between ulcers, stress, and acid without any proper double-blind studies, but it fit in with what everybody thought.
    Q. How did you come to challenge this prevailing theory?
    Q. I was in the third year of my internal medicine training, in 1981, and I had to take on a project. Robin Warren, the hospital pathologist, said he had been seeing these bacteria on biopsies of ulcer and stomach cancer patients for two years, and they were all identical.

    Complete interview here: http://discovermagazine.com/2010/mar/07-dr-drank-broth-gave-ulcer-solved-medical-mystery

    Wouldn’t want to be a rat in the 1950s.

  59. More on Dr. Barry Marshall…
    Q. How did you get the word out about your discovery?
    A. I presented that work at the annual meeting of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in Perth. That was my first experience of people being totally skeptical. To gastroenterologists, the concept of a germ causing ulcers was like saying that the Earth is flat. After that I realized my paper was going to have difficulty being accepted. You think, “It’s science; it’s got to be accepted.” But it’s not an absolute given. The idea was too weird.
    Q. Then you and Robin Warren wrote letters to The Lancet.
    A. Robin’s letter described the bacteria and the fact that they were quite common in people. My letter described the history of these bacteria over the past 100 years. We both knew that we were standing at the edge of a fantastic discovery. At the bottom of my letter I said the bacteria were candidates for the cause of ulcers and stomach cancer.
    Q. That letter must have provoked an uproar.
    A. It didn’t. In fact, our letters were so weird that they almost didn’t get published. By then I was working at a hospital in Fremantle, biopsying every patient who came through the door. I was getting all these patients and couldn’t keep tabs on them, so I tapped all the drug companies to request research funding for a computer. They all wrote back saying how difficult times were and they didn’t have any research money. But they were making a billion dollars a year for the antacid drug Zantac and another billion for Tagamet. You could make a patient feel better by removing the acid. Treated, most patients didn’t die from their ulcer and didn’t need surgery, so it was worth $100 a month per patient, a hell of a lot of money in those days. In America in the 1980s, 2 to 4 percent of the population had Tagamet tablets in their pocket. There was no incentive to find a cure.

  60. A final Dr. Barry Marshall comment…
    Q. Even now, though, isn’t it hard for new ideas to be heard when medical journals are gatekeepers of the status quo?
    A. It’s true, but they have their ears pricked up now because every time a paper comes to them, they say: “Hang on a minute, I had better make sure that this is not a Barry Marshall paper. I don’t want to have my name on that rejection letter he shows in his lectures.” Now they might say, “It’s so off-the-wall….Is it true?”

    The time is approaching for the AGW gatekeepers to prick up their ears…

  61. Kelvin Vaughan says:
    September 18, 2011 at 9:02 am
    “Surely if CO2 reradiated the waves then then the spectum would not show the CO2 absoption bands?”

    The re-radiation happens in all directions.

  62. DirkH says:
    September 18, 2011 at 10:53 am

    The re-radiation happens in all directions.

    So carbon dioxide dosen’t heat the atmosphere . It just converts unidirectional IR waves to omnidirectional. Therefor only a fraction of the original IR reaches the ground. The ground would be colder than it would be without CO2?

    Sorry for the silly questions Dirk but it’s how I learn.

  63. Anthony:

    If you had NORMAL hearing. Normal ear function, and did not have and ‘invasive irritant’ in the ear canal, standard “cures” for earaches, mild infections, etc. might work. Either “standard science”, and even some of the homeopathic methods. (I used to be subject to ear infections as a child, and hot (120 F) oil was the best thing..)

    HOWEVER, this is a completely NON-natural situation. And in many ways can be unique to YOU. Thus the best person to figure things out, IS you! (Along with all the medical help you can get.)

    You have my thoughts and prayers for keeping things “under control”. And the knowledge that in the long run, that’s probably the best thing to work for.

    Max

  64. Allan J. Short:

    WUWT appreciates your desire to comment, but I’d like to advise you that using your full e-mail address fir a screen name is NOT a good idea. Where it asks for a name, you can enter your real name or a “handle” like “shorty” or “AJS” – here at WUWT we tend to appreciate those who use their real names in commenting but recognize that some people have good and valid reasons to remain anonymous. We hold those people to a fairly high standard of civility and integrity. WUWT will not give out your e-mail address and we do not recommend that you post it for all the world to see and respond to.

    Repost your comment.

    REP -mod

  65. Trying to figure out if this is the correct was to post. Do you think the ethical oil item would be of interest.
    Polar01

    {REPLY: Somewhat better. Now, you need to paste the link into your comment so that we know what you are referring to. -REP, mod]

  66. DR (September 17, 2011 at 3:58 pm) wrote:
    Rosemary Jacobs did not get argyria from colloidal silver, it was caused from silver salts; two totally different forms of silver solution. …

    This is a fascinating statement, because it directly contradicts Rosemary’s own words (see the first entry under the title FAQS; citations can be found on the CITATIONS page; bold in the original):

    What exactly was in the nose drops that you took? What was the brand name? Did they contain silver salts, nitrates, protein binders or were they small particles of silver suspended in water? How much did you take?

    As I explain on my webpage, I do not know the answers to these questions. All I know is that they contained silver. However, my case is just one of many. There are over 300 cases of argyria reported in the medical literature and thousands more are likely to have gone unreported.(1) That lit. contains a whole body of material on argyria and silver drugs showing that every form of silver used, including metallic, has caused argyria. (2,3,4)

    To understand the pharmacology of silver you have to read all the relevant literature. If you don’t find the answers that you are looking for there, then you have to do controlled studies to produce new data to answer your questions. Looking at any one case alone will give clues but not definitive answers.

    So Rosemary doesn’t know whether her argyria was caused by colloidal silver or not — and neither does DR. She does, however, make the very firm statement that, “every form of silver used, including metallic, has caused argyria“, backed up (dare I say it?) by citations to the peer-reviewed literature — in this case, the Archives of Dermatology, the Archives of Otolaryngology, and the Journal of the American Medical Association.

    There are additional articles in the peer-reviewed literature that are also quite blunt about what was causing argyria (tenth through twelfth paragraphs on the page titled Rosemary’s Story; citations can be found on the CITATIONS page; bold text was italicized in the original):

    In 1935 Gaul & Staud wrote about colloidal silver in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), “The alarming increase of argyrosis leaves little doubt as to our purpose in this report. There has been an accumulation of indubitable clinical evidence which makes it imperative to present before those who prescribe, dispense or use these drugs the danger entailed therein…The obvious responsibility for this injudicious medication rests with the circularized advertisements by the various manufacturers to the physicians;” (4)

    In 1940 Bryant added, “Conscientious observers in the field of otolaryngology can no longer doubt the occurrence of generalized argyria caused by intranasal silver medications,” and “A persistent indifferent attitude to this on the part of otolaryngologist might be condoned if it were possible through the use of such medication to achieve beneficial results for the patient which could not be achieved other wise, but quite the contrary is the case.”

    He goes on to state that these silver preparations should be supplanted by a weak ephedrine or neosynephrin in an isotonic solution. (5) He continues, “The use of silver-containing nasal medication over even a few weeks is dangerous and accomplishes nothing that cannot be accomplished safely and more efficiently by other means.” (6)

    Note that Gaul & Staud’s paper was about “argyrosis caused by colloidal silver,” which supports Rosemary’s contention that “every form of silver used, including metallic, has caused argyria.” And Bryant wrote about “generalized argyria caused by intranasal silver medications,” foreshadowing Rosemary’s fate.

    If the peer-reviewed literature is unsatisfying (and in this venue, it may well be), one could always dabble in a bit of chemistry. Silver is a univalent metal, willing to share a single electron with a suitor. If we think about colloidal silver, it’s small clumps of silver atoms. The surface atoms may be oxidized. Beneath the surface layer, it should primarily be pure silver.

    If colloidal silver is ingested, it goes into the stomach, which contains hydrochloric acid (HCl). When a molecule of silver oxide (Ag2O) encounters two hydrochloric acid molecules (2 x HCl), the result will be 2 x AgCl + H2O. Well, whaddaya know!?! The colloidal silver has been turned into a silver salt. When the HCl reaches the pure silver, the reaction evolves hydrogen, but is otherwise the same: 2 x Ag + 2 x HCl –> 2 x AgCl + H2. Shazzam! Once again, we have colloidal silver turning into a silver salt.

    Oh, you say you’re not ingesting it, you’re spraying it into your nose? Most of the colloidal silver particles will be trapped by the mucus in the nose. Nearly all of the mucus that your body generates winds up in the stomach, where it’s “processed” by the HCl to kill the bacteria it has immobilized. But the acid can’t kill the colloidal silver, which winds up being converted into silver salts, instead.

    When it comes to attracting strong adherents, colloidal silver is clearly on a par with Anthropogenic Global Warming/Cooling/Whatevering (AGW/C/W). Fortunately, it’s not as dangerous as AGW/C/W, because there isn’t (at least at this point) anyone insisting it be put into the water supply so everyone can reap the alleged benefits.

    DR also wrote:
    This is not directed at you, but it is just too hilarious listening to all the drug pushers warning about the dangers of colloidal silver when there are documented hundreds of thousands of cases of deaths and injury caused directly from the use of FDA approved drugs.

    This is an excellent example of the logical fallacy known as Changing the Subject. I can’t speak for others, but I haven’t said anything about the safety of silver (colloidal or otherwise). Nor are the “thousands of cases of deaths and injury caused directly from the use of FDA approved drugs” relevant to a discussion of whether ingestion of silver (colloidal or otherwise) has the potential to turn the user’s skin gray.

    Understand that it’s no skin off my nose if someone ingests colloidal silver. What happens, happens to the one who ingests it. However, I’ve run across enough people who don’t understand that ingesting silver may turn them gray that I generally offer a word of caution. Similarly, when I encounter a smoker who’s ambivalent about smoking, I tell him about my father, who wound up chained to an oxygen tank for most of the last decade of his life.

    I don’t want to be tied down by an oxygen cannula, nor do I want to turn gray. I’m not aware of many who do. If you’re on the path to either of those destinations, won’t you at least consider turning back, while there’s still time?

  67. Are we going to have a party when the “Blog stats” view counter gets to 100 million?

    REPLY: Well maybe, the question is which will occur first: My five year anniversary in November or 100 million views? I think we probably won’t make 100 million by November, but readers can always help by spreading the word with links at other websites. – Anthony

  68. Steve from Rockwood says:

    September 18, 2011 at 9:51 am

    Many thanks Steve. I saw a program on him many years ago before I had internet. I remembered vividly his pain and anger and his fight with the ‘consensus’.

    Made my point loud and clear. Sadly I think AGW may never be so clear cut as Barry Marshal’s work but what a brilliant guy. He showed massive tolerance during a very difficult period in his career.

  69. Kelvin Vaughan says:
    September 18, 2011 at 1:11 pm
    “So carbon dioxide dosen’t heat the atmosphere .”

    Correct.

    ” It just converts unidirectional IR waves to omnidirectional. Therefor only a fraction of the original IR reaches the ground.”

    Correct; about 50% exits the atmosphere downwards, about 50% upwards.

    ” The ground would be colder than it would be without CO2?”

    I don’t think so. First of all, 95% of the greenhouse effect would exist even without CO2, as it is caused by water vapor; second, without any greenhouse effect, all the IR radiation would leave unhindered. so, I don’t dispute the existence of the Greenhouse effect on Earth, but it exists in the absence of CO2 alreadyö.

    “Sorry for the silly questions Dirk but it’s how I learn.”

    You’re welcome.

    WUWT had a great post about it:

    http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/08/05/co2-heats-the-atmosphere-a-counter-view/

  70. Sometimes I wonder If reality is just another episode of South Park.

    “Sep 20, 7:46 PM EDT
    Ex-President Clinton: Green movement needs money

    Clinton’s talk of renewable energy financing comes as Republicans are criticizing the Obama administration for awarding billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies for such projects, including a $528 million loan to a now-bankrupt California solar panel maker.

    Fremont, Calif.-based Solyndra filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier this month and laid off its 1,100 employees. It was the first renewable energy company to receive a loan guarantee under a stimulus law program to encourage green energy and was frequently touted by the Obama administration as a model.

    Rising seas are a matter of life and death for small island nations, Zuma said.

    “Not theoretical, not in the future, now,” he said. “And they can’t understand why we’re failing to realize that.”
    …”

    I guess blowing 1/2 a billion isn’t enough, we have to blow billions more, because sea level rise of roughly 1/8″ per year is going to take a few thousand years to cover up some islands. (Assuming the ice age doesn’t come first.)

Comments are closed.