I have a few very important (and personal) announcements to share with the WUWT community because they will impact content and moderation over the next few weeks. Please take a moment to read this.
1. There is a pressing and very serious medical challenge in my family that will require surgery and rehabilitation time. I can’t and won’t go into details. This will require me to take periods of time away from WUWT over several weeks if not months. I don’t know the full time impact yet. This coming Friday and perhaps Saturday I’ll be offline.
2. That said, I welcome the help of any who wish to help with moderation or who wish to submit stories and essays. We could use the help of a moderator from midnight to 4AM PST. I know we have a few regulars that post during that time, and if you’d like to help, leave a comment please. WUWT has always had guest posts, and they will continue to be welcome. Leave a comment if you have an idea.
3. In case you missed it yesterday, the new ENSO/SST page is up and running. Be sure to bookmark it. This graphic on the sidebar is a direct link:
…plus it is also available in the header menu under Reference Pages. Other pages of reference graphics pages will be coming soon, more details here.
4. Steve Goddard told me several months ago that he would like to start his own blog, covering a wider range of scientific, social, economic and political topics than I wish to cover here at WUWT. You can see his blog at http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com
Thanks to Steve for all his contributions to WUWT over the last two years.
I’ll be continuing the Sea Ice News feature every Sunday.
5. For those of you wondering about the upcoming surfacestations project paper, let me say that it is now mostly out of my hands and will not be impacted by item 1. I have a team of co-authors with far greater skills than I working on it. I’m pleased with the current draft having survived a critical review designed to strengthen it. When I have more, I’ll pass it along and of course at the appropriate time the surfacestations main page will get an update.
Thank you all for your consideration. – Anthony