Dear Al, watch the skies

From Al Gore’s Climate Reality project today:

=============================================================

Dear Friend,

In case you missed our big announcement Sunday, I wanted to share some exciting news: Our second annual 24 Hours of Reality event, 24 Hours of Reality: The Dirty Weather Report, will take place on November 14.

We will gather together for a global webcast, streamed for 24 hours in all 24 time zones, showcasing how climate change and extreme weather are altering our lives and our planet.

Watch the announcement here from former Vice President Al Gore and share it with your friends:

Last year, millions of people around the world watched the first annual 24 Hours of Reality and were empowered to share the reality of climate change and join our call to action. And now, one year later, the climate crisis has intensified more than we even expected. The need for us to come together has never been more timely or important.

I’ll have much more to share with you soon, including ways in which you can be a part of this global event. Thank you for your continuing support of our work. We look forward to seeing you online on November 14!

Click here to watch former Vice President Al Gore announce 24 Hours of Reality: The Dirty Weather Report, and share this video with your friends.

Sincerely,
Maggie L. Fox
President and CEO

=============================================================

Like our effort last year,  The Gore-a-thon on WUWT… look for counter coverage from WUWT. If you thought alarmists got upset about my PBS appearance, then this new media event is sure to be a winner. An announcement will be coming in the weeks ahead.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Al Gore, Gore-a-thon 2011 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

75 Responses to Dear Al, watch the skies

1. Kurt in Switzerland says:

Get the popcorn popping!

Kurt in Switzerland

2. Eve Stevens says:

Tried to listen to it. Got to around the 1 min mark. Started to feel sick so shut it off.

3. Mark and two Cats says:

“the climate crisis has intensified more than we even expected”

heh

4. stamper44 says:

Maybe he could take the time, this year, to explain how he fudged the CO2 experiment last year?

5. David says:

Good thing he picked November 14. If he had waited a week (the day before Thanksgiving) the Gore Effect would probably have happened and the whole country would be buried in snow and everyone’s travel plans would be ruined.

6. tallbloke says:

“the carbon credit climate crisis has intensified more than we even expected”

7. TinyCO2 says:

Can’t access his site without accepting his cookies. Bleugh, my Mummy always told me not to accept treats from strangers. Still, if the Gorethon is a big a borethon as last year, I’m not missing anything.

Looking forward to more from Theo!

8. tallbloke says:

“more than we even”

To boldly go… and seek new infinitives to split

9. JohnWho says:

An announcement will be coming in the weeks ahead.

I’ve already “liked” it.

10. John M says:

I wanted to share some exciting news

The last time I saw a letter starting that way was from our HR Director telling us about “changes” to our pension plan.

This sounds similarly “exciting”.

11. Speed says:

They forgot Newfoundland — UTC – 3.5.

12. Bryan A says:

apparently, the only real Climate Crisis is that the AGW crowd can’t seem to convince anyone else that there is an actual crisis
    Although 78 out of 80 (out of 10,000) climate scientists polled believe there is a crisis

13. Deekaman says:

I will plan on hunkering down for early cold and snow on November 14, courtesy of the AlGore effect.

14. Paul Westhaver says:

When I see Al Gore, all I think of is him and his fat pale body and a massage therapist…..I am sure Tipper Gore had that in mind when she divorced him. When I hear him yap, all I hear is: that there was no credible evidence that he sexually assaulted that woman. yeah…. tell that to Tipper y’all.

15. Richdo says:

the only thing I can think to add while waiting for Nov 14 is … “meh”

16. cui bono says:

Oh, not again….

17. Otter says:

Anthony, how about a global skeptic response for the same date? Bring in all the big guns, heck bring in everyone, Jo, Tallbloke, Steve, the other Steve, Bastardi, smalldeadanimals, junkscience, the whole works!

18. brians356 says:

Anyone catch this howler of an alarmist article?

“Facing far and away the greatest threat in human history, Mitt would have us practice the modern-day equivalent of putting hot cow manure on our open wounds. In 1881 a potent mix of arrogance, ignorance and the denial of science doomed a beloved president. Today, the same mix in a would-be president, could doom us all.”

I’m laughing so hard I may get the hiccups. Oh, no …

19. Rick K says:

Can’t wait to see what Josh and Theo will cook up this year!

20. Dave Worley says:

His blog posts draw 3 comments at best. Not sure why you encourage him with hits from your link. I know it’s not intentional on your part, but it’s borderline cruelty to the disabled.
    I’m sure the Alexa data will show the vast majority of traffic coming from the WUWT link.

21. Alvin says:

Anthony, are you going to setup a streaming source as well? That would be awesome, even if you used ustream like Bill Whittle does. Here is the youtube version of his weekly show – http://youtu.be/sRCJy_7bUbA

22. H.R. says:

Has it been a whole year already!?!?? W-a-a-a-a-a-y too soon again for me.
    (Never would have been soon enough.)

23. John Blake says:

Beavers should stick to macerating helpless old-growth trees.

24. Philip Finck says:

He has to get out his bull s@#t before the new chapters of the IPCC 2013 get out in final version. Even if it ends up heavily distorted by the lead authors it will probably still trash the drivel that he presents. Get ready with the BS button.

25. Gunga Din says:

Dave Worley says:
    September 25, 2012 at 4:25 pm
    ========================================================================
    If he doesn’t like the numbers he’ll just demand a recount. (Leaving out the people in the recount that didn’t go to his site to get Gored.)

26. alexwade says:

Big Al must need some more money. Beachfront houses in California ain’t cheap after all. Someone has to pay the mortgage and light bill.

27. Tom J says:

Ok, so I clicked on the link and went browsing through Al’s Climate Reality Project and I found this request:
    Sign our petition to bring climate change into the first presidential debate. Tell Debate Moderator Jim Lehrer that he must ask both presidential candidates about their views on climate change and what they are going to do about it.
    Anyway, I thought to myself, ‘what a ridiculous question. Ok, I’ll concede that maybe Jim Lehrer might have to ask Mitt Romney what he’s going to do to line the pockets of thoroughly useless parasites looking to cash in on a climate scare. But, for chrissake he doesn’t have to ask Barack (or is it: Barrrrrrak, or Baaaaarak, or Brrrrrrak?) Obama that question. I mean c’mon, after almost 4 years we already know. All you have to do is just simply destroy the economy: pass a few thousand pages of new, onerous regulations while the economy just begins to claw out of a recession. For a real spicy effect make some of those regulations completely contradictory, and make others impossible to understand. Don’t bother with those pesky little congressional reps from “Padukaville”, just whip out that almighty executive pen and instruct the unaccountable bureaucracies to wipe out whole industries while taking taxpayer dollars and giving them to totally, completely, absolutely, undeniably useless industries. Finally, make the dollar useless even for lining a birdcage. And, voila, the “destruction of industrialization” has saved us from “dirty climate”. So what’s the point in asking Mr. Obama? He’s shown us the way.

28. Gunga Din says:

Eve Stevens says:
    September 25, 2012 at 3:35 pm
    ==================================================================
    Same here but I got a bit further. I got a little past the part where he talked about us living in a “new normal”. Sheesh! Now he’s even trying to make normal sound like a problem!

29. Louis says:

“Dear Al, watch the skies”

Why the skies? Is a tornado about to drop a house on the wicked witch of the East?

30. Jeff says:

Saw that singer Kathy Matthea was on their junket to Antarctica…she has a lot that’s good to say about what’s going on in West Virginia, but I can’t believe that someone who originally studied
    engineering would fall for the faulty math/analysis/etc. that Gore & co. are spewing everywhere.
    We should be spending time and money on issues like black lung instead of (supposed lack of)
    white fur (polar bears, etc.).

The warmists talk about our children’s future being at stake because of
    supposed global warming; I say we have to worry about our children’s future
    being mortgaged to pay for warmist foolishness such as wind farms and
    solar farms (for lack of a better term). I used to live in Livermore, just
    down the hill from the (at the time, defunct) Enron Altamont Pass wind farm.
    They were beautiful, but so were the many birds (often rare) that were
    consumed by the rotors of these “bird blenders”.

There has to be a better way. Let’s get back to pure, correct science.

And if Franzi is reading (or in any case), this blog is one of the most, if
    not the most, civil and intelligent blogs in the blogosphere.

Have a look at the computer blogs (u**x, etc.) if you want to see folks savaged at the hands of folks with different views. Or, have a look at Mozart vs. Salieri, Hanslick vs. most musicians of his time, or George Bernard Shaw vs. the known universe (at times….). The world of criticism,
    skepticism, and dissent is perhaps a difficult one, but without it, a great deal
    of truth might never see the light of day.

Steve Jobs was said to have remarked that the hardest part of what he did
    was NOT creating new ideas, but rather, winnowing out bad ideas. Skepticism
    and the scientific method do this – models, thought experiments, the
    Aristotolean method and conjecture usually do not…

31. Bob Tisdale says:

Sounds like an opportunity to me!!!!!!

32. Gary says:

Alert Josh!

33. kadaka (KD Knoebel) says:

1. Thank you, Climate Reality Project, for displaying Al Gore with his mouth covered.

2. You know, from his lips on up, he looks a lot like Bob Schieffer, host of CBS’ Sunday morning show Face The Nation. Wow, Al’s really getting old. If you’re not seeing the resemblence, it’s mostly in the “Washington insider eyes” look. The one that says even before he speaks, “Greetings, unwashed masses. I’m far smarter than you and it’s my thankless yet necessary task to inform you of that undeniable fact, among others”.

34. John V. Wright says:

Absolutely beyond parody.

The poor sap. Pity him – and pity the starry-eyed non-thinking simpletons who follow his misguided star.

35. RoyFOMR says:

I kinda like Al Gore. He is the epitome of the “could have been a champion” sort of chap.
    Doesn’t matter how many times he’s been knocked down, he just keeps bouncing back for more. Dunno whom I’m reminded of most by his indominatable spirit – Wiley Coyote, maybe, of Coyote and Road-Runner fame. A Homer to an invisible Lisa? Perhaps even the Stan Laurel half of that classic, B&W, cinematic-brace of comedians.
    If only he had a straight guy to pair with, he could have been up there with the Gods!
    Notwithstanding his past setbacks, I look forward with genuine interest to the unfolding narrative of this fascinating character.
    Beep, beep – Doh – and another fine(nice) mess you’ve got me into .
    Love it!

36. Jimbo says:

The Gore family became rich on Occidental Petroleum.

37. Kendra says:

Kurt in Switzerland

Me too (in Switzerland). Where are you? What a blast it would be to get together with the popcorn for part of the next boreathon. As you know, what makes it fun is us.

I’m mostly down south but can get to Z. Mini numere isch null einenunsk achtsiebenafufzg, ochtasechzg zweiedochst (I’m Engl mother tongue so my Swiss spelling ain’t proper – not that there is a proper – plus an attempt to encrypt).

While I’m here – are there any blogs in CH? Maybe along the lines of Pierre’s in Germany? It wouldn’t have to be in English, German or Italian would be fine. All I’ve found is a site with no real action named something like No Carbon Tax. As you also know, there’s hardly any awareness here of what’s going on, MSM never mentioned Climategate altho Weltwoche, the weekly apparently did. Maybe it’s all down to the truly embarrassing for Switzerland Thomas Stocker, who I finally saw with Vahrenholt in the cringeworthy debate.

I noticed a Max Manacker also over at Judy’s but have been too late in comments threads (and too shy) to ask him. Other than that, once I saw someone years ago at Jeff’s who gave some info about a weather station in CH.

No obligation on your part, so feel free to ignore.

Kendra (in Switzerland)

38. The old LP is stuck in the same track. The Earth has a fever. Climate crisis. We are spewing out carbon pollution and treating the atmosphere as a sewer. Extreme weather. And on and on.

The same old celebrities from Hollywood, the UN, the NGO people and elsewhere.
    Plus now he had added “dirty weather” to the list. Must be from advice from his PR agents.
    Climate reality project just a big sleeping pill. Same old, same old.

39. Louis says:

“24 Hours of Reality: The Dirty Weather Report”

What’s a “dirty” weather report? Is Al Gore planning to do a weather report in the buff from the North Poll to prove how much warmer it has gotten? I sure hope there’s no dirty dancing between him and Bill Nye the Science Guy.

I see no evidence that climate change has made our weather more extreme, but it sure has made Al Gore more extreme. Was that predicted by any of the climate models?

40. You can take the man out of politics but you can’t take politics out of the man, at least not when the man is Uncle Al. Notice the tease : “Much worse than we thought,” a seemingly impossible
    state, but one sure to entice the Armageddon crowd. I think we can all agree that Al’s
    telethon will be “much worse than we thought.” How’s about monitoring his show and keeping
    count of patent falsehoods with a Watts Lie-O-Meter? Nah, that won’t work :forcing anyone with an intellect to listen to Al would surely be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

41. David Chappell says:

Speed said:
    They forgot Newfoundland — UTC – 3.5.

And India – UTC +5.5

42. ATheoK says:

So the Gored-a-thon is doing the Bore-a-thon again. Complete with faked experiments, studio mixed and photoslopped fakery coupled with a massive blast of CO2 exhaust.

Watch if thee wants, I got better things to do… like clean the porcelain throne since it’s far better company than the Gore.

43. john robertson says:

Al Gore and reality? So at best his minions can try climate reality for 24 hours out of each year? At least the old time evangelists had passion and colour, Al, has got nothing going for him I expect most of the visits to his site will come thro WUWT.

44. Eric N WY says:

I wonder if these “Al Gore-trained climate leaders” also fly around in private jets?

45. Jimbo says:

I vaguely recall that global warming (affecting mostly the poles) should lead to fewer extreme weather events. Yet some people ‘believe’ the opposite. Is this the birth of a new religion?

46. James Allison says:

“I want to share some exciting news”

LOL Al Bore has stolen the opening line of typical spam email……..

47. RoyFOMR says:

As an addendum to my previous post let us never forget the contribution made by VP Gore to peer-reviewed science,
    Et Al.
    And the Internet.
    Awesome!

48. Chuck Nolan says:

brians356 says:
    September 25, 2012 at 4:16 pm
    Anyone catch this howler of an alarmist article?

I’m laughing so hard I may get the hiccups. Oh, no …
    ———————————
    I made the trip to your link.
    Did you see his CV at the end of the article?
    “Dr. Brian Moench is president of Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment and a member of the Union of Concerned Scientists.”

He seems a warm and positive chap. Someone pleasant to have a beer with.
    I wonder if Kenji may have bumped into him at the meetings?
    I don’t think Kenji has ever talked about what happens at the UCS meetings.
    I wonder if they’re sworn to secrecy.
    cn

49. Jeef says:

A repeat of this tragedy?

It really is worse than we thought!!

50. kadaka (KD Knoebel) says:

From Chuck Nolan on September 25, 2012 at 6:21 pm:

He seems a warm and positive chap. Someone pleasant to have a beer with.
    I wonder if Kenji may have bumped into him at the meetings?
    I don’t think Kenji has ever talked about what happens at the UCS meetings.
    I wonder if they’re sworn to secrecy.

I wonder if Kenji sniffed his butt.

Can you think of a more qualified UCS member for investigating possible dangerous anthropogenic methane releases?

51. johanna says:

Cripes, people who have holiday plans near the site of the Boreathon in mid November should start checking if they can get refunds on their deposits. Who says it can’t snow in Tennessee?

More seriously, watching the US Presidential race from afar (Australia), it seems that Al is political poison. He has been conspicuously absent from the Democratic campaign if the media coverage is any indication. Have all his invitations been lost in the mail?

52. Jeff says:

Knock, knock.
    Who’s there?
    Armageddon.
    Armageddon who?
    Armageddon tired of Al Gore….

53. NikFromNYC says:

Hansen lost his Venus probe. Gore lost his home state. Mann lost his data.

54. MarkW says:

I wonder why he’s waiting until after the election. One would think that he would be anxious to motivate the troops?

55. Mark Smith says:

Dirty weather, bad weather, all weather bad.

56. Kiwisceptic says:

Jeff, I loved the knock knock joke! Best I’ve heard for a long time! Send it to Al.

As for Mr. Gore, where does one start with this guy? He already knows the science is crap and the AGW message untenable. But he doesn’t care. That’s why he refuses to debate anyone with a few clues in public. The problem is that he also knows all that’s required to succeed is to get his deluded message into the innocent heads of children and young adults who are, by and large, scientifically illiterate, naive and easily impressed by fashionable and faddish ideas. That’s all he has to do which is why his climate unreality road show circus is tailored to that audience. He wouldn’t last five minutes in a public debate with anyone of Watts’ caliber. Gore is a modern day Pied Piper leading the innocent to destruction. He’s the quintessential charlatan. A snake-oil salesman. He knows it but he doesn’t care.

57. Brian S says:

When asked to rate Al Gore’s CRP 97% of skeptics gave it an A.

58. David Ball says:

It’s wurst than we thought, ….

59. Mickey Reno says:

Millions of people? Millions? Hah! Hundreds, maybe, last year, and most of them from the skeptic viewpoint, looking in to say what the man who invented the internet had to say (and to hear the reading of the last will and testament of Keith Olberman).

Al, go get a massage, and leave us all alone!

60. Dave A says:

@Speed
    Afghanistan (UTC+4:30) :-)
    I put the PABX and Nurse Paging System in the new Role 3 hospital at KAF – My Boots saw +50C and -16C during that year with the 2nd coldest December in 350 years back in the UK. In both extremes … I survived.

Dave

61. John Trigge (in Oz) says:

Add South Australia to the time zones – +9:30

Al’s accuracy is not improving.

62. P. Solar says:

Great, he’s going to prove that there is very often some extreme weather event SOMEWHERE on the planet.
    Presumably he will also be demonstrating that prior to 1960 there were never any extreme weather events , anywhere.

Ice extent: http://i50.tinypic.com/24enw2c.png
    UAH lower tropo temps: http://i50.tinypic.com/2s12an6.png
    mean sea level ; http://i47.tinypic.com/qqs9ip.png

Little heads up for Big Al, warming has been easing off since 1995 and passed into cooling in 2005.

63. Otter says:

Jimbo says:
    September 25, 2012 at 5:28 pm
    The Gore family became rich on Occidental Petroleum.
    ——-
    Yes, by way of buying up stock with tobacco money.

64. Disko Troop says:

The only place that Gore gets any traffic from seems to be “Wattsupwiththat.com” Without that he would fade into the background with all the other nutters. What’s up with that? Should we not “IgnoretheGore” as virtually everyone else does.

Ivor ward

65. Ron Manley says:

He’s bringing together “leading thinkers and voices from the worlds of business, media, art and culture…”. So it’s nothing to do with science then.

He aso at one stage implied that dirty weather was fuelled by misinformation.

66. Ed Moran says:

Lloyds of London, the huge insurance market annouce big profits! “Benign period with few natural disasters!”
    Sorry, Al! wrong again!

67. TonyG says:

NikFromNYC says:
    Hansen lost his Venus probe. Gore lost his home state. Mann lost his data.

Are you suggesting that they’re a bunch of losers?

68. John from CA says:

“Last year, millions of people around the world watched the first annual 24 Hours of Reality”

We basically proved that millions did not watch the Goreathon and those that did watched for less than 15 minutes.

69. Anymoose says:

Pay attention. The idiot who flunked out of divinity school is going to explain it all to the members of the great unwashed. Right!!!

70. Ally E. says:

Given that so many are losing interest in the alarmist stance – will anyone be watching???

Comments are closed.