I submitted the WUWT ARCUS sea ice forecast today, based on votes received in our poll.
Here is what I submitted via email, and asked for an acknowledgment:
PAN-ARCTIC OUTLOOK – WUWT (acronym for WattsUpWithThat.com)
- Extent Projection: 5.5 million square kilometers
- Methods/Techniques: web poll of readers
- Rationale: Composite of projections by readers, projection bracket with the highest response is the one submitted.
- Executive Summary: Website devoted to climate and weather polled its readers for the best estimate of 2011 sea ice extent minimum by choosing bracketed values from a web poll which can be seen at: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/05/19/sea-ice-news-call-for-arctic-sea-ice-forecasts-plus-forecast-poll/15.64% chose 5.5 million km2 or greater, with 13.09% choosing 5.0 to 5.1 million sq km2 as the second highest vote.
- Estimate of Forecast Skill: none
Outlook submission deadline: Tuesday, 31 May 2011. All Outlooks should be sent to: Helen Wiggins, ARCUS Email: email@example.com
submitted by Anthony Watts
My choice for my own personal vote was 4.9 to 5.0 million square kilometers.