GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING A STORY TO WUWT
NOTE: 4/27/13 This is an updated “Submit Story” page, please read the guidelines and then press the button at bottom to get the story submission form.
WUWT carries many stories from readers, and we welcome submissions. But first, help make your story relevant and ready to post by following these guidelines, then click the button below.
1. Plain old links with no content don’t make the cut. Stories that offer 3-5 paragraphs of your own descriptions and/or your own essay, and excerpts of news stories with relevant links do.
2. Make sure the content you submit does not violate copyrights. Cutting and pasting of entire news stories won’t fly here unless they are press releases and/or government/public domain. Otherwise just post a couple of relevant excerpts/paragraphs (allowed under fair use laws) along with your introduction and link to the story.
3. For short stories of 3-5 paragraphs, with/without a link, use the submission form button below. Those that wish to write guest posts can compose them and submit here using the submission form. For image insertion into posts, we suggest the free http://www.tinypic.com if you do not know how to embed images and links in HTML, simply paste in the image URL into the body of the text and we will insert it for you if the story is submitted. They can be short news blurb summaries of 3-5 paragraphs, or they can be full fledged posts with embedded data, links, and images. You can submit HTML into the form if you wish, and we will format it later. An HTML guide for submission is available after pressing the submission button below. LaTeX is also supported for displaying equations, etc.
4. For technical documents and complex stories, send them to us via email or provide a link. You can send a link to an MS-Word .doc or .docx file with embedded graphics on a server or dropbox. Or attach it to email (press the button below for the email link).
NOTE: You should use plain MS-Word formatting, don’t put in headers/footers or other page formatting we’ll have to remove. Adobe PDF’s don’t translate well to blog posts due to formatting issues, so please don’t send those unless you have no other choice.
5. Images in technical documents should be 24 bit JPEG or PNG. 8 bit GIFS and 8 bit PNG’s get all crunchy when they are scaled. If you must use GIF format, still and animated GIFS should be no wider than 640 pixels or they will have to be scaled.
6. All submissions are reviewed. Generally 10% or less are accepted, so do your best! We give credit to the story submitter, and bonus points are given for people who post under their full names. Stories submitted may or may not be published at the discretion of the editorial stuff. Those that are published may be edited for size, accuracy, content etc. and become to property of WUWT.
7. PLEASE check the front page of WUWT to see if we have covered it already (scroll down all the way). About half of the recent submissions are stories we’ve already covered in the last couple of days.
8. Stories submitted that are commercial or off topic in nature are simply deleted. Don’t send SPAM.
9. Per the WUWT policy page, certain topics are not welcome here and stories submitted concerning them will be deleted. This includes topics on religion, discussions of barycentrism, astrology, aliens, bigfoot, chemtrails, 911 Truthers, Obama’s Birth Certificate, HAARP, UFO’s, Electric Universe, mysticism, and Principia/Slaying the Sky Dragon.
Thank you for your consideration, press the button to continue: