Guest essay by Eric Worrall
British green campaigner Angela Terry has plumbed new depths of arrogant hypocrisy, by demanding a ban on home conservatories during a TV interview – while sitting in her own conservatory.
People in glass houses! Green campaigner lectures GMB viewers on damage that conservatories are doing to the planet – while sitting in her conservatory
- Angela Terry has called for new conservatories to be banned while sitting in hers
- The environmental scientist from Somerset said it was ‘having a no regret’ policy
- But she seemed to exclude herself from the rules as she spoke from her own one
- Presenter Susanna Reid pointed out the hypocrisy asking her why she keeps hers
- Ms Terry suggested that because her house came with one already she was fine
By JAMES GANT FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 20:36 AEDT, 20 January 2022 | UPDATED: 21:30 AEDT, 20 January 2022
A green campaigner has called for conservatories to be banned – while sitting in her own one.
Angela Terry said Britons need to dump the glass houses because they ‘act like a furnace’ for the rest of the home.
The environmental scientist, 47, claimed the move was about ‘having a no regret’ policy and protecting the planet.
But she appeared to exclude herself from the rules as she brazenly spoke from her conservatory in Wells, Somerset.
GMB presenter Susanna Reid pointed out the hypocrisy asking why she can have one but ‘nobody else is allowed one from now on’.
Ms Terry suggested because her house came with one she was exempt from new legislation.
I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. In essence this is no different to climate campaigners turning up to a climate conference in a private jet, and demanding ordinary people cut back on flying. But most of them have the sense not to flaunt their hypocricy right in the middle of a TV interview.