- "...the world's most viewed climate website"
- Steven F. Hayward, The Weekly Standard
"...changed the world and is one of the most influential resources on global warming.
"...flashy (apparently widely distributed)"
- Michael E. Mann
- 149,649,044 views
Click for the:
Free WUWT Toolbar
- Bill Nye the clueless weather guy - flattened by tornado data
- The worst consequences of the global warming scare
- Dana Nuccitelli's Twitter war with Richard Tol over that 97% consensus paper
- Great moments in activist climate science - NRDC's Dr. Laurie Johnson: 'CO2 makes your car hot'
- Just had an earthquake in California - 56 earthquakes (so far) in cluster near Mt. Lassen Volcanic National park
- Updated climate sensitivity estimates using aerosol-adjusted forcings and various ocean heat uptake estimates
- Washington Post’s photo phraud – it’s deja vu all over again
- The worst consequences of the global warming scare
- Where Lies the Younger Dryas Smoking Gun?
- Just had an earthquake in California – 56 earthquakes (so far) in cluster near Mt. Lassen Volcanic National park
- Crowdsourcing An Opensource Temperature Data Monitoring Methodology and Spreadsheet
- NOAA predicts active 2013 Atlantic hurricane season
- Dana Nuccitelli’s Twitter war with Richard Tol over that 97% consensus paper
- Great moments in activist climate science – NRDC’s Dr. Laurie Johnson: ‘CO2 makes your car hot’
- Bill Nye the clueless weather guy – flattened by tornado data
- Anti-information in climate models
- GISS and NCDC Monthly Global Surface Temperature Update for April 2013
- Obama Administration Supports Fracking and Natural Gas, Despite Environmental Opposition
- Volcanoes: Active, Inactive, and Retroactive
- The 2013 Moore Oklahoma Tornado – a synopsis
wws on Where Lies the Younger Dryas S… Patrick on Updated climate sensitivity es… Man_Tran on The worst consequences of the… justthefactswuwt on Crowdsourcing An Opensource Te… Patrick on The worst consequences of the… bobl on Updated climate sensitivity es… Patrick on The worst consequences of the… John Peter on Updated climate sensitivity es… EW3 on Washington Post’s photo… justthefactswuwt on Crowdsourcing An Opensource Te…
Posts by date
New iPhone App – very useful!
World Climate Widget – FREE
- * Due to (1) deletion, extension and amending of user comments, and (2) undated post-publication revisions of article contents after significant user commenting.
Live Weather Roll
Atmospheric Maps Page
Sea Ice Page
Solar Images & Data Page
WUWT Tag CloudAl Gore antarctica Arctic Australia Bill McKibben california Carbon dioxide climate climate change Climatic Research Unit email controversy Current sea level rise Earth El Niño-Southern Oscillation environment Global warming Goddard Institute for Space Studies greenhouse gas greenland Heartland Institute Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change IPCC James Hansen La Nina Little Ice Age Met Office Michael Mann NASA National Climatic Data Center National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Science Foundation National Weather Service Pacific Ocean Peter Gleick Polar ice packs Science & Environmental Policy Project Sea ice Sea Surface Temperature Solar variation Steve McIntyre sun temperature United States United States Environmental Protection Agency University of East Anglia Watts Up With That?
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
Category Archives: Open Thread
I have family duties today. In my last open thread I noted that “WUWT story submissions have been a dry hole lately”. I’m happy to report that I found out why and that wasn’t the case at all. About these … Continue reading
I don’t normally do mid week open threads, but I’ve not found much of interest to write about tonight, and story submissions have been a dry hole lately.
Travel today. So by request, here is a Weekend Open Thread on Thatcher, who did much to kick off the CO2 global warming saga but later on became a sceptic and regretted her actions. My favorite quote (supposedly attributed to … Continue reading
I have travel today, hence this open thread.
Traveling this weekend, posting will be light.
Traveling today, so post on any relevant topic.
I have some other things to attend to this weekend, posting will be light from me. But I’ve arranged for some entertainment.
Topics of general nature per the blog masthead today.
Just a bit burnt out today. Need to take a rest from blogging. Here’s some tidbits from email submissions to chew on though:
I’m a little bit toasted from the effort to get WUWT-TV online, so I’m taking a rest. I did note with some humor though this gloating missive from Dana “scooter” Nuccitelli over at “Open Mind” about Gore’s event: See Dana, … Continue reading
I’ve got lots of work to do this weekend, so I’ll leave it to you folks to entertain yourselves for awhile.
The Autumnal Equinox has just occurred, at 2:40PM UTC (7:49AM PDT) marking the end of summer. Despite our Jay Zwally countdown to the end of summer reaching zero on the sidebar, the Arctic sea ice is still there and gaining … Continue reading
I’m traveling today, so new posts won’t be happening until perhaps the evening. Open thread, moderators please help where you can – Anthony
Traveling today. Moderators feel free to post any breaking news items.
Taking a break, it has been an exhausting week. Postings resume Monday. Be sure to vote in the August ARCUS sea ice forecast poll.
I have an important project to finish this weekend, so I’ll be offline much of the weekend. Here’s some pictures of what I’m up to.
Off to chase the eclipse with my children, and then travel tomorrow to Heartland conference. Airplane has WiFi so may be able to keep up with posting en-route.
I have other projects to do this weekend, so I’m taking off. Moderation may be minimal or non-existent at times, so if your comment takes a long time to appear, don’t take it personally. In the meantime, please consider this … Continue reading
As you may know, I’m traveling this weekend to be with the founders and pioneers of The Weather Channel in Atlanta for an informal 30 year reunion, which I talked about in detail here. Thanks, sincerely, to everyone for the … Continue reading