NEWSFLASH: Cause for Global Warming Found

An astute letter to the editor writer in Arkansas has found the reason for global warming:

letter_to_editor.jpg

This actually happened, as attested to on the rumor/urban legend verifcation website Snopes.com

About these ads
This entry was posted in Climate_change, Fun_stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to NEWSFLASH: Cause for Global Warming Found

1. David Walton says:

Too funny! I wonder if I could get away with this sort of satire in the ER…

2. Anthony says:

See further down in the Snopes.com link…many people whom responded to the letter are as humorless as many of the ER’s letter writers.

3. David Walton says:

Re:”Satire usually just makes the common thinking folks mad, and the clever folks just chuckle but don’t respond.”

You are a wise man, Mr. Watts. And it doesn’t accomplish much beyond providing a few chuckles to the already mirthful.

To my, admittedly, often skewed point of view there already seems to be quite a bit of satire in letters to the ER (tell it to the ER is a given) but the vast majority of it appears to be wholly unintentional.

4. Jack Lee says:

I see, it’s daylight savings time…oops, I guess this means I’m not clever since I responded to the satire, but I also chuckled, so maybe that’s a break even?

5. Anthony says:

Well Jack, I think it means that you can:

1. Read
    2. Appreciate humor
    3. Appreciate satire
    4. Appreciate Interest
    5. Not be a Troll

6. David Clark says:

Having spent ten years in North Dakota where the high temperature can sometimes remain BELOW minus 20 degrees F, not for a couple of hours or a couple of days but for two weeks at a time, I submit that the calamity of global warming is relative to ones frame of refrence. A very entertaining illustration of this point can be found on YouTube titled, “Minnesotans For Global Warming Song.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUFTm6cJXM

Comments are closed.